Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Whirlwind week

I have been working so hard that it always amazes me when I crawl into bed and fall asleep with my computer on my lap and my phone in my hand, but that seems to be what is happening all the time lately.

And I am not complaining about it at all.  I am getting such great balance between work work, personal work like the gym, getting my eating and spending under control (OK, I am not doing great on those two) and getting my various parts of my life in order, farm work, yard work, animal work, relationship work and friendship work on new and old friendships.  It is really satisfying to get things lined out instead of being way too heavy in one area so that the rest of the world blows up like I have been for the past year or two.  That never pays off and creates way too much trouble every time.

It just is not leaving enough time for EVERYTHING! I am trying to pare down what I am obligated to do without cheating myself out of the things I need to do for me--like go to the gym and the few little pampering things I do because I deserve it. That is a slippery slope that I do not want to go down again.

In the meantime, I am having a good time with all the excitement around here.  I may have gotten a little ambitious and torn something in my upper abs at the gym, so it is good I go back to the surgeon on Friday so I can talk to him about it.  I cannot imagine how I managed to do such a ridiculous thing-especially since I feel like I should be working harder, getting stronger and doing more to get back in shape. I do have some new workout buddies that may kill me but I did not do this on their watch. I expect many more injuries in the future though if today was any indication.

I have a great weekend planned too--starting with a great dinner at an amazing restaurant with my favorite people Friday night--Julie and Eric and my boy. Been too long since we have spent an evening together so I am looking forward to it.

Now let's hope I do not hurt myself between now and then!

0 comments:

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network