Sunday, April 7, 2013

Boy #3--but with color this time!

     Facebook is acting up and won't let me post these pics--and now Blogger is giving me grief and will not let me put them in any sort of order.  So here they are---work with me here!
     This little feller was born a few minutes after 5 pm today--about an hour before the rain started.  I caught her about mid-foaling.
    He was a wobbly man, but look at those legs!
 

 His daddy is Playboy Boonsmal--a blue roan son of Peptoboonsmal.  At first I was sure this boy was black but now I think he is probably going to shed off blue roan.  won't that be a nice change around here?

   Gypsy loves her baby.

His legs are as long as hers are!

 This is one of the strangest things I have ever seen....Gypsy immediately shared her baby with Aries. Marion pointed out that when he found Aries' baby Monday morning, She was sharing him with Gypsy, so I guess it is only fair.


    This shot was before he even got up---those long legs made the first attempts pretty difficult.  Note Aries helping him--and Gypsy not even on the scene.







     I swear I have never seen this--I have had mares babysit each other's babies, but not when they are this fresh.  Its like a commune out there!


















   Finally, they came in out of the rain. For the first time ever, Gypsy was super protective of her  a y and did not want us messing with him, or her for that matter.  Let's hope nature takes it easy on them, and takes care of all the little things she would not let us do...and that she calms down by tomorrow so we can do what we need to do.

Any suggestions on names?  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Handsome boys-men in your horse family.

enjoying

Lori said...

I LOVE when the mares help each other! It's the sweetest thing.

Cara said...

He is so handsome Paige! You already have some nice babies this year.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network