Sunday, March 31, 2013

Great weekend--basketball, relaxing and other fun

     This is NOT what we looked like this weekend. This picture is from something else, but I like it, so here it is. Cute aren't we?

This weekend, we relaxed.  We laid on various couches and watched every NCAA basketball game they put on the TV (except the early one today cuz of Easter activities) and movies and ridiculous reality TV like we are addicted to.  We pretty much only moved to cook or go to another couch in another house. We hung out with friends as long as they too would watch basketball--his friends one night, mine the other and one night we stayed home with a friend and concentrated on relaxing.  It is so nice to be able to put everyone together and actually all have a good time, without worry about what might happen or if one or the other is going to get bent out of shape about something. It just is not likely to happen--we match well that way. It helps that I have known most of his friends much of my life, and he has known mine for a long time, plus works in some respect with some of them. Because it is a small town, all those paths are tangled up together to make it seem like one big web of connections. I am realizing how valuable it is to have so many things, people and interests in common---sure takes a lot of the hurdles out of the way, especially the hurdle of having your role in the community, relationships with other people and your overall intent questioned simply because he is not a part of those same things and cannot understand.  Those intangibles are far more important than I thought.

We learn something with every relationship---I am already seeing proof of what I have learned.  Even better, I am enjoying a completely different kind of relationship than I have experienced. There is a lot to be said for just enjoying time together, and not driving it to a particular destination in some pre-determined time frame.  Let's see where this takes us.




     

6 comments:

Julie said...

Love it. You both look super cute & happy :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you traded up---he is so much a better match for you! We knew you would come to your senses eventually!

Anonymous said...

No one likes to admit it but there is a reason why birds of a feather flock together....it is supposed to be that way. I am glad you finally realized that you were not making the right choice for so long. This is who you are supposed to be with--anyone who knows you can see the difference in everything you do now. So happy for you!

Angie

Paige said...

Thanks Julie! I am---but you know that because you see us together. This peaceful world is pretty sweet. It took me a while to figure it out, but I am glad I finally did!

Anonymous said...

I'm confused. Is this the guy you wee living with that had the 2 boys? Or someone new? Anyhoo,you look great!

Paige said...

Oh no, that is long over. Unraveled then spiraled out of control into dangerous territory. This is a much much much healthier situation for everyone. we are much more compatible, have so much in common and where I am high strung, he calms me somehow---he does not even have to do anything. It just happens. Huge change from how I was living, but it is a very welcome one. I am happy in a quiet sort of way

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network