Monday, February 18, 2013

Announcing--ANOTHER MAJOR LIFE CHANGE- There is a new private attorney in town!

After more than 15 years at the same job working for a state agency, I have finally made the jump to private practice. I am going to do criminal defense, juvenile work, divorce, and other transactional matters as needed. I also hope to continue to do appeals, but they will likely be civil appeals from here on out.

Just typing it out there for all the world to see is both thrilling and terrifying. 

The business plan is almost complete, and the preliminary steps are already in motion or are in their spot on my to-do list.  It has been amazing how quickly things can fall into place, once a person makes up her mind that it is time for a change. I guess all those years of being helpful to people are now coming back to me, because suggestions, advice and opportunities are pouring in.

I am forcing myself to take some time before I go in whole hog on this deal---it is too important to rush into this without having gotten my ducks in a row.  I am taking up to two weeks to tie up loose ends everywhere so I can be ready to focus fully on this new endeavor and hit the ground running. But then watch out world!


4 comments:

Shelley said...

What an exciting (and maybe a bit terrifying) change for you. You go girl!

Paige said...

Both Shelley... big time!

Jen's Farmily said...

Yay! So glad to hear this!

Cara said...

Congratulations Paige! I am sure you will do awesome.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network