Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bathroom remodel--before and After

Well not exactly before, because these pics were taken after it was painted. It used to be close to white, and had a horrible fleur de lis sort of border that was so not Paige like. What freaking decade was it in there anyway? So it was painted before Christmas thinking this whole thing would be done over the holidays, and clearly, it was not. Also, the light fixture had already been replaced when I went on that tear of removing all gold tone offensiveness from the house--I am down to one more ceiling fan and interior door knobs I think.





This was a very strange deal--there was a panel there that allowed access to the shower plumbing. It was made out of wainscot paneling of all absurd things, and had taken to just falling slap off the wall randomly. That is not welcome when you are trying to pee in the middle of the night in the dark. It had to go.


More God-forsaken oak--this house was built in the 90s and everything then was this golden oak. Slowly but surely, it is being removed. Also the sink had a crack in the edge of it when I bought the house. In 1998. Yeah, I took my time addressing that.



This medicine cabinet absolutely enraged me after I had the hall bath done and it looked so nice with just a mirror and no stupid medicine cabinet. The mirror was all jacked up too. Every time I went in there, I got irritated.



I think the color is way off on this pic. Not the point. See how much better it all is with the cherry instead of the oak?



How I managed to find this shower curtain that matches so perfectly I have no idea. But I love it.



New wall where the old stupid panel was--and how all my crap fits into this smaller cabinet, I have no idea, but it does.



New way better vanity---way more space. Its taller too. I even have empty room in the cabinets so far. And the top is marble with the sink as part of it, so no edges to crack up like the old one did. The mirror was just installed and still has to have the trim put on it---the last few drawer pulls need installed and I need more baseboard, but it is almost done.

We love it. I like it so much that I actually put stuff up and don't leave it lay on the counters cluttering things up thereby giving myself anxiety.

If I ever put up all the laundry in here, I will do pics of the new bedroom stuff too. Its beautiful too, and so peaceful.

4 comments:

Venom said...

Go ahead & laugh at this -- I am so weird, I know, but pictures of open toilets freak me out (so thank you for not showing the bowl), and I got totally hung up on the empty toilet tissue roll.... I'll get over it. Probably need therapy, but that was already a given, so...

Anyhoo - LOVE the cherry and the one piece sink/counter.
Good on ya getting rid of the old medicine cabinet mirror - I'd love to ditch those out of my ensuite (double sinks = double ugly medicine cabinets - oh joy!).

As for bright brass fixtures? Absolutely HATE them as much as you do.
The house we have now had all MISMATCHED knobs, light fixtures, hardware -- you name it, when we moved in.
Here almost 4 years now and still working on eradicating the rampant examples of bad taste up in here.

Funder said...

golden oak with brass fixtures makes me feel ~young~ again. In a bad way. :(

Love the cherry and the lovely polished nickel! I love diagonal tiles in small spaces, great job on the floor.

Venom is scared of open toilets; I am scared of hidden showers. How do you know there's no knife wielding maniac or creepy dead body hiding in your shower? YOU CAN'T KNOW! All my shower curtains are slightly translucent just so I can tell there's nothing lurking in there.

Still, really pretty shower curtains. Even if they creep me out!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Very, very nice! I love the finished room!

I am a bit old-fashioned...I still like the golden oak, but then it suits my very 'ranchy', ranch house. We have the same thing in our other house and I think it just looks horrid. Weird huh.

Amy said...

Love it Paige!!!!!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network