Friday, November 4, 2011

Bad news

It has taken me a week to post this, because I did not want to.


But since people are asking, I will tell it.

The TWH colt I was rehabbing did not make it. At 10 am last Friday morning he was fine and atg 2 pm, he was gone. I think his organs were too damaged from malnutrition, or he had a hell of a colic that got him fast.

It was heartbreaking but I guess not that surprising.

Rex is doing well though. Eating well and gaining all the time. I had a camera malfunction so Sunday's pictures did not transfer. Hopefully, I have it cured and will be able to update this Sunday

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Shoot, at least you tried and he didn't leave this earth on an empty stomach.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Sad, but not as sad as his inevitable death would have been where he was. RIP, poor little guy.

Funder said...

Awww, Paige, I'm so sorry to hear that. He sure lived in heaven for his time with you though!

Anonymous said...

Rowdy's last days were good days---and maybe he was just 'tired'.

And I speak for myself but perhaps others agree----we always listen to the good stuff, laugh and giggle--but always WILL BE READY AND WILLING to listen to the bad stuff-be sad along with you.

Good for Rex.
Take care--Carol

Anonymous said...

Rowdy's last days were good days---and maybe he was just 'tired'.

And I speak for myself but perhaps others agree----we always listen to the good stuff, laugh and giggle--but always WILL BE READY AND WILLING to listen to the bad stuff-be sad along with you.

Good for Rex.
Take care--Carol

Laura Crum said...

From reading Joe Shelton's website, I know that this happens a lot with starving horses. They seem to be doing Ok and then you lose them. It must be heartbreaking, but you did the best you could, and gave that little horse the sense that he was cared for. I hope that is some comfort.

shadowlake2005 said...

I am so sorry. That is heart breaking. Thank God little Rowdy had the chance to feel your love and caring, if only for a little while. What you did for him was priceless, hugs to you.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network