Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Under the gun and other news.

I have been working like a dog trying to get all my work done by September 30, the end of my evaluation period at work. It has been exhausting to catch up--something I am not used to at all, because I am usually very far ahead of the game. Not this year for obvious reasons.


So I am worn out. Physical work is one thing, but concentrating for 16 hours a day will kill a girl. Even my TMJ has been acting up from stress--to the point I could hardly open my mouth over the weekend. The swelling got so bad it made my ears ached, which made it hard to think. Anti-inflammatories help but it is still really painful.

I have weaned two babies--have one left to do. Should I ever get home from work when it is not the middle of the nite I will get on that.

Lots of home improvements going on around here. It is nice to do things I have wanted to do for a long time but one thing leads to another. I wanted the gold tone light fixtures, and shiny faucet out of the master bath so replaced it all with nickel to match everything else around here now--but now the medicine cabinet pisses me off. And that bathroom has oak cabinets--and all kinds of oak trim so it will be a project to change it over. I also want to paint the little third bathroom and quit treating it like I do not know it is there, but I have no thoughts on color. The rest of the house is so vibrant but it is tiny so it needs less shock value---and I do not know what to do with it.

The best most exciting thing going on around here is that I am going to Colorado Springs for Columbus Day weekend. An old friend/boyfriend from back in the day lives there and I have only been there one time in my whole life, so why not? I am sure we will have a ball and it has been really fun reconnecting with someone I have not seen in so long. Funny how things change so much and stay the same so much sometimes in the same minute.

I like having things to look forward to so this is a good plan.

After that, I have my big trip to Mandy's in Qatar. We are going to Dubai and Abu Dhabi...that will be a hard trip to top. Knowing me, as soon as I get back, I will start plotting the next one!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning---'working like a dog"! ! !

Hm! if comparing to the work YOUR DOGS do----thinking about this. Grinning.

But got the message---and your reward will be a nice trip out west.

Enjoy Carol

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network