Monday, August 1, 2011

They are home!

Mandy and the kids got here tonight--back home from Qatar for the first time since they moved in April. They have actually been in the US since last Tuesday, but they have been in Park City at Edward's family vacation home until tonight.


Gabi is as bossy as ever. She acts like she is running a multinational corporation, the way she orders everyone around. She is very concerned about where everyone and everything is--especially the horses, as if they could possibly be in the kitchen at mom's house.

Crews looks like he is completely in shock. Or maybe in a coma. It is hard to tell with that one--the only thing he really said tonight was that he had to potty, which is pretty impressive for a kid that is not even two years old yet. His birthday is Sunday. He is absolutely hysterical with his little scrawny body--I had no idea that little boy underwear came in sizes that small. They look kind of like doll clothes. He is sporting some fancy red drawers today that had us all in hysterics.

I must have been excited about them getting here, because I got so much done today. Not only did I get a huge amount of actual work done while I was at work, I got a lot done on my lunch break and before and after work as well. I made deposits in two banks, made an appointment to have my car detailed, made an appointment with appliance people to see why my washer is throwing up every time I run it, had it out with Verizon until they changed my package without charging me more, went to they gym, got pizza for everyone once Mandy got home, and ran the bushhog until I threw a pin in it. Now that I think about it, all that energy might have come from the adrenaline of having fired my farm hand yesterday, as he is a piece of crap.

I hope I can keep this up as I have a crazy week ahead of me. Gonna be fun but busy!

6 comments:

Holly said...

How great that the family is back, how long are they staying?

You DID get a lot done. Good for you.

Fired the farm hand? Got another one lined up yet?

Anonymous said...

Something has changed---hope you got the first comment.

Enjoy again carol

Anonymous said...

Hm!

Glad to hear from ole Paige and welcome to Mandy and the 'Gang' Wish the weather would be nicer for the outdoor activities.

Have a great time with everyone.

Hope you find another Farm Hand quickly.

Enjoy Carol

the cubicle's backporch said...

You fired your farm hand?! So was he lazy or what?

Paige said...

I fired him because he is a liar, a thief, a cheat and an all around unreliable piece of shit.

Unbeknownst to me, he was driving my truck when ever he felt like it, going in my house, talking shit about me to people I know about how he was playing me, etc. He padded his hours, called me all the time, rarely showed up and lied to me to my face.


I will go back to doing it my damn self if this is what the world has to offer!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Amen to that last sentence in your comment!

Must have been something in the air because I have a most productive Monday myself. Of course it helped that it was only 80 degrees and only mildly humid.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network