Saturday, June 18, 2011

Odds and Ends

Funny how it works that the world still goes on even when you are on vacation.


Since I have been gone, I have learned that Sly's best girl is in fact in foal for next year--so there will be another matching baby to the nicest Sly baby I may have ever seen. The dam is Red Dees Lassie, so the babies are siblings to the great Lassie Lender. Baby will be here mid April.

Also, I still evidently have a hole in my duct work at home, as my HVAC people are not getting the job done as they should. I am sure they will--it just would have been nice to have it done while I was gone.

Also, today is my sister and brother-in-laws 13th wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary Austins! Have you ever counted the countries you have celebrated your anniversary in? I bet Qatar is the most exotic.

Because it is their anniversary--that means it would actually be Barry's and my anniversary as well, if we were still having them. Which clearly we are not. I am calling this my first NOT-iversary. And it is going to be a big day--Amy and I are getting ready to go jetskiing to Stingray City, and after that, we are going to the Flowers Sea Swim, which is a very cool event. You can read about it here http://flowersseaswim.com/ Lots of ex-Olympians do it--and if I see Ryan Lochte, who has done it before, all bets are off about adult behavior. That is one hot sumbitch.

We did a night dive the other nite--my first one--it was incredible. I will come up with pics to demonstrate what we saw since we had another camera malfunction. I will catch up on photo posts when I get home--there will be lots but we have to share an ethernet cable here and have been so dang busy that there just has not been time to do the posts in a timely manner. Amy has actually let me SLEEP some on this trip, which is unheard of for her.

So we are off for a big day of adventure for our last day on the island.....we are going to do it up since we have to be at the airport at 6 AM.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn---it will be time to leave----back to the 'ole grindstone' but with wonderful memories.

Enjoy and be careful
Carol

Amanda said...

Can't wait for the pics.

No, we have never counted the countries, but we should. Qatar is probably the most exotic. But if we had to count the countries in which we celebrated together, it's probably 2 or less. Long distance is our thang, yo.

Excited to hear all about the trip.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network