Saturday, June 11, 2011

An apology and a catch up

I am so behind, it is absurd. I would give you an excuse, but really I do not have one other than the obvious. It is hard being in charge of all the things I have to get done around here. However, today, things finally came together.


The bathroom is almost completely finished! I finally broke down and hired a painter and he painted it today. There is one missing piece of a cabinet door, but otherwise, she is done. And it really is beautiful.

Also, the tree on the fence at the farm was chainsawed up and the fence mostly repaired. The farrier was here and knocked out a pile of trims. The pool is damn near clean--which has honestly taken all week, and will probably be a mess by the time I get back anyway.

Yards are mostly mowed--well, kind of. Only part of the farm is done.

I was fairly productive at work this week too.

The other house things that have happened are many--new ceiling fan, several light fixtures are installed, etc....a leak in the roof was discovered and repaired. A hole in the ductwork was discovered and steps taken to repair it--but that is a big project, so won't be done for a bit. No wonder my power and heating bills are obscene.

When I get back from vacation, I am going to bite the bullet and have Rock put to sleep. I know it is almost time, and I want to beat her to the necessary stage. But it freaking sucks, and I cannot talk about it yet.

In other news, Linda's mother passed away. Even when you know it is coming, and know it is best for her, it still sucks. Its hard to watch Linda deal with it, because we all know it will be our turn someday. RIP Mrs Hanks.

I am headed out tomorrow to go on vacation--I will do what I can to catch up while on the way, and while I am there. Obviously, this will be a different trip than it normally is, but I am going to give it all I have to make it great.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apology accepted---provided you take pics of your vacation ----

Enjoy Carol

Amanda said...

Not that you weren't extremely productive before, but you have hit a world record stride. Come to Doha and do stuff for me.

Excited for you about this trip. Enjoy AmyB and RELAX!!!

loveyou, aa

oh and post pics of the new bathroom.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

No apologies needed. Sounds like you have lots to show for your time off. Great!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network