Thursday, March 17, 2011

Big night

I know I have presented myself as a mess who cannot get out of her own way. The fact is that is not always true. Mostly, I am pretty together. Yeah, people who know me in real life are laughing their asses off. But truly I have my shit together most of the time--even when it looks like I screw up everything, I have already knocked out a whole bunch of other stuff.


So tonight I went to a Meet the Candidates thing for a friend who is running or City Council. I have known him since I was probably 12, but took up with him again recently, because I was so impressed with the activism I have seen from him in the media lately. I looked him up to tell him so, and found myself completely sucked into his family. His new wife, his sisters, nephews, etc. It is a small town, so it is inevitable that when you get a new friend, you also get his family because turns out you know them too. And I am truly enjoying it. I do not even get to vote for city council because I live in the county, but I wanted to show my support.

In any event, this thing lasted til 7. While there, I got to enjoy several other people that I really like but rarely get a chance to talk to--maybe because mostly I am busy doing too many things at once.

We moved the party on after that to our regular Thursday evening BAR meeting. That is where things got good. There I learned from a young feller--33 I think, that growing up, he had the hugest crush on my forever and thought I was "fine". Does that word take you back forever or not. Even better, he made a big deal out of it in front of Barry--to whom he kept apologizing--and the date he had with him.

I know it is silly, but man did that feel good. He thinks I am still swell. And damned if he did not make me feel that way too.


8 comments:

hooves said...

It always makes you feel good to think that someone thought well of you and still does. I think in our daily lives, we aren't always made to feel as if we are important. Something like this certainly gives you a high! hooves

Anonymous said...

Hooves has said everything I would say and more.

When something like this happens---you feel higher than a kite. Feels sooooo good.

But when something bad happens--you feel lower than low. Sigh!!

Enjoy your rides this weekend as it will be nice-- - - Carol

Jodi said...

We all have always known that you are "fine" Miss Paige. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't miss the game tonight. They brought their "A" game for a change. Wow!
Patty

oh, jenny mae said...

donte is the only person i can think of running for council that is your age. is it him or someone else?

and the other person is my age, i wonder...

Paige said...

Yep mommymae. We are out with them now. It was his little brother the manwhore

oh, jenny mae said...

haha! the manwhore!

Rising Rainbow said...

That sounds like a fun time. We can all appreciate getting some positive attention now and then.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network