Saturday, January 15, 2011

Guess what I did

I have finally gotten it together on the exercise thing. While I have been regularly working out with the Bad Boy every Monday, Wednesday and Friday--I have been in a rut re the cardio. The kind of rut that results from not doing any.


But I finally broke it! Wednesday nite, I went to the gym after work and did 30 min on the treadmill. Added to the 15 minutes I did on the bike during my regular training session, it was a good start. Thursday nite, I did 35 minutes of a spinning class. Friday, I only did about 15 minutes of cardio--10 on the Arc trainer, and 5 minute cool down on the bike.

But TODAY--SATURDAY, the day for recovering from my week and not exercising--I went to the gym again. In fact, it was the first thing I did today. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, then 500 crunches on the ab bench, and 100 on the Bosu Ball. That is ate up. Barry was supposed to run 5 miles today for his half-marathon program, but he was kind of sloppy about it--I just kept crunching. I have never done that many crunches before--although they are very easy for me, I should do it all the time. I just get bored. Should I ever get this fat off, the world is going to have to pay homage to my abs--they are something. (easy for me to say, since no one has seen my ab muscles in probably 13 years, if not more) But I bet it is true.

I am completely shocked, even if I know the real reason I did it was to keep me from eating. I started a new diet that is freakishly restrictive, and even at 10:30 tonight, I have yet to screw it up. In fact, I still need to eat another 175 calories or so to get to my minimum (which is also my limit, but I will be damned if I tell you what it is, because you will all lecture me. I know what I am doing, and it is not up for discussion, so zip it. You can say you told me so when I drop dead. But if I do not, I will finally have this weight off)

Oh yeah, back to my point. I did all that stuff today. I realize it is not that much, because I pretty much did not do much else. I watched the Illini piss off another basketball win, and went to Tracy's to hang out for a while. I did not even drink beer there, which is virtually impossible, but I did it! I played with puppies and did not eat fancy dessert Les tried to make me eat. Then we went to see Black Swan. What a weird movie. While there, I did not eat candy, and I did not even have a diet Coke. In fact, I have not had a diet Coke in 24 hours--which is another thing I am trying to cut. Then we went to Kroger to buy chickens, since it is evidently one of the only things I am going to be eating any time soon.

All of this turning me into a new person is really hard. Also, my legs hurt so bad from all this work that I cannot manage to get out of this big chair. Won't that be about right--I will hurt so bad that I will not be able to get to the fridge.

7 comments:

Holly said...

"if I tell you what it is, because you will all lecture me. I know what I am doing, and it is not up for discussion, so zip it. "

I for one am NOT going to zip it...(color you surprised, huh?)....be very careful. If you end up sick from this I will have to come out there and YOU WILL NOT LIKE IT.

and where are those puppy pix? Hmmm? I've been patiently waiting but tonight I am at a point of no return. Cough up the puppy pictures and nobody will be hurt.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Holly is right------you know darn well there will be lectures, discussions, talk so get with the program and enlighten everyone.

Pictures anyone! ! ! !

enjoy carol
hope this gets printed

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Looking towards puppy pix...

Don't forget to indulge a teeny bit once in a while so that you don't go totally off diet. Wishing you all the best.
I would love to wean myself off sodas- I keep telling myself, tomorrow, tomorrow...

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

My Honey went on that 'no white' diet. Trying to cook meals around here has been a nightmare. He has lost 13 lbs and feels great. I have lost 4 lbs and feel like crap. I wasn't trying to diet too, just didn't want to have a bunch of stuff around that MH can't have. I can ill afford to lose any weight and I seriously need my carbs for energy. So now I'm cooking two meals at a time. Uggghhh!

Like Holly says, be careful and be aware. I think the body sometimes needs a kickstart to get the metabolism and fat burning going again, but ya sure don't want to endanger your health over a pant size.

500 crunches? I doubt I can do 50. :-O

Venom said...

500 crunches???

OMG, I don't think that I have done 500 crunches , cumulatively, in my entire *cough30+somethingnevermindcough* years on this planet!
You are unbelievable, and if nature does not reward you for this dedication and grit, then you are probably destined to win the lottery or something else wonderful.

Plus, you have that 6 pack thing going on under there, regardless.

sandraclark4 said...

Wow! I'm in awe of you. Where did this motivation come from?

AiringMyLaundry said...

I've heard that Black Swan is interesting. I'm not sure if I want to see it.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network