Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Drive by posting- Ft Worth update part 1


I could start out complaining about Delta airlines and why they cancelled so many flights on me to get me home from Ft Worth, but it just makes me tired. Besides when I get my energy back they are getting a huge whiney post all about them, but I just do not have the energy yet.

In fact, I do not have the energy for much. We are in the middle of moving offices, so I was working on that this morning, and this evening, and reading a record in between. I have not had a chance to decompress from the frustrations of the trip yet.

I do have some cute pics to show though, so here you go. These were taken Sunday in the Stockyards in Ft Worth.



Crews' first time in a saddle. Ok, it is a saddle on a bar stool at the H3 Ranch steakhouse where we had brunch Sunday, but the important part is that he knew what to do with it. He may not look thrilled in this pic, but he is sort of a reserved kind of dude--he really did like it. He is a little over 16 months old, and this was the first time we have met him. He took to Barry really quickly, which most kids do. He needs a leash because he is kind of tricky--he looks like he is in a trance, and then he takes off at warp speed and before you know what has happened, you have to run to track him down. Its a little alarming, because he is also not very coordinated and wipes out a lot. After he hits the ground, he just lays there all spread out and staring at the sky like he forgot what he was supposed to be doing.

Gabi of course is an old pro at saddle sitting. She will be four in March, which is hard for me to believe. She is a very funny character. She made up some new friend named Basty Sunday morning, and when I asked her about it, she told me that Basty and the others are only a little bit tall (she indicated about 8-10 inches) but they still have their feet. No one knew what in the hell that was about, but she is so animated that virtually everything she says is hysterical.

This picture reminds me of the ones that papaw used to take of everyone before they left. We also had to line up in front of the car and he would take the same picture over and over again. Not only that, it makes it very clear that I am going back to eating just chicken and green beans for the next year. I need to be harpooned. I knew it was bad, but that is a fat fat fat chic standing there.

Hopefully I will get a chance to post more pics from all these trips and catch up soon.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I am glad you are home safe....finally.

Anonymous said...

Oh these pics are delightful and well worth the wait----

Crews is cute and Gabi is adorable.

Glad you are home---and getting slowly back to 'some order'

Hopefully Mother Nature minds her own business SOMEWHERE ELSE.
ENJOY CAROL

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network