Sunday, November 7, 2010

Turning the day around




Whatchoo looking at? That is how my day started--not in a good mood at all.

I was tired, cranky, had a headache, and generally in a bad mood. I was so foul that I was not even interested in playing outside in the gorgeous weather. Still, I loaded up Harley and went to Traci's to play. I know I cannot pass up a chance to hang out with Traci and Les, and we are really having fun with Harley, so off I went.

I was not even out of the truck before my whole mood changed. As soon as you pull up in the driveway, a whole herd of these silly monkeys come pouring out to greet you.


How can you be in a bad mood with all that going on? They run so fast, and they just keep coming. They snuffle and wheeze and make atrocious sounds, and it absolutely cracks me up. They are all so sweet, and happy to see me, they are running all over each other, and rolling around on the ground, and tackling each other, and I love every minute of it.




One of my favorite things about them is how they all have their own special resting position. Some of them sit on one hip, some lay on their bellies with their legs stuck out behind them like frogs, some lay right on top of another one. They can lay down and rest anywhere--this was smack in the middle of the driveway.
See what I mean? Check out all those funny short legs.
This one is posing for a photo. Normally they do not slow down this much, unless they are resting.


This is one of my favorites, Bentley. I can tell him apart from the other ones, because he has crazy markings. The more I am around them though, I can tell the differences between them--like Zach, who is one of my favorites, because he has a big ol head and no neck at all. He looks like a wrestler. I guess I did not get a shot of him today. There are a whole bunch of these dogs there to play with. AND the best part of today is that one of the girlies is going to have puppies in a month or so, so there will be a whole batch of Christmas pups to play with!

In Harley news, we did lots of fun stuff today. I rode around a lot. She takes everything so well. We even rode through the tarp streamers, because she wanted to. We did not trot yet even though we tried, because she is lazy lazy lazy. I like it that way to start with. There is video of our big adventure, and if it has any parts that are not full of me randomly cussing, I might post it. We will see how it turns out. Then Les taught her how to load herself in the trailer, which is pretty cool considering she has only been in the trailer twice in her life so far. She has got this lunging thing down pat already. This week, I am going to work on WHOA. I am having an absolute ball with this. Traci is an amazing teacher and she is giving me so much confidence, I had no idea I could do this. With her help though, I feel like I can do lots of things I never thought I could. I am looking forward to spending more time with them--my face actually hurts from laughing all afternoon.

This day turned out great after all.

7 comments:

duffylou said...

If I saw all those cute puppies I'd want to lay down and let them crawl all over me. They are the cutest things ever. Especially the one with the under bite smile.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

glad the pups put a smile on your face. Now keep it there....

Anonymous said...

Too funny---and special for a nice pleasant read ---just like looking at a photo book which includes stories.

Way to go----and sure hope WE all get to see the puppies later on.

Have fun and enjoy Carol

Tiffany said...

Awwww!! I so want a Frenchie. And a cream colored one at that! I absolutely love them. And I'm sure you wouldn't mind one of them climbing in your lap. Unlike having my 60 pound English bulldog climb on me. I think my next dog will be a French Bulldog.

Anonymous said...

I adopted a retired Frenchie momma and she is a hoot! Snoring, snorting, little piggy sounds, love all of them. Gas, however, I could do without, but it's part of the package for the most part. I would a houseful if I could.

KarenTX

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I have to say, they're so ugly they're cute!! My mom really wants one to go with her Pug.

Mikey said...

French bulldogs! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. By far the cutest dogs on the planet!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network