Saturday, November 13, 2010

An example of my logic

I am always so sure that I do things the right way and everyone else is screwed up. I am still pretty sure of that, but this thing I did today suggests I might not be right either.


Everyone knows how OCD I am about particular things. Not all, obviously, because I still cannot put up the laundry or weedeat, but some things completely control my life. For example, the gas light came on in my car on Thursday, I think. I looked at the mileage yesterday and only had 281 miles on the tank, which is a 19.1 gallon tank. That is absurd. I decided that I would get gas on Monday. That will show that damn car who is boss, won't it? I should certainly be able to get by until then since I am not going anywhere or any significance.

Every time I leave the property and go to town, I pass two gas stations about three miles from home at the most. So getting gas is not hard. I have had the diesel can for the tractor in my car since Thursday, so I have lots of reasons to go to the gas station. But I have made up my mind. I am getting gas on Monday. It is not Monday. Thus, there will be no gas purchased.

After last evening's great ride, I did nothing but hang out at home, read some books, played with the dogs and went to bed early. That required no gas. I got my hair cut at 11:15 this morning, and thought about gas, because the light was on the whole 8 mile round trip. But I am not getting gas until Monday. I came home, and watched the end of the Illinois football game and went back to bed for a nap with the big chicken, Tazer. I'm still sick, see. Plus, taking a nap does not require gas. Because I am not buying any.

I woke up when it was time to go to Tracy's to feed her ponies and hose the dog poop. She lives about 7 miles south of me. Normal people would go in their car, wouldn't they? But I am not normal. If I went in the car, I might have to get gas. I am not getting gas. Instead, I went in the truck, which still has the gray horse trailer on it. That gets about 8 miles to the gallon, or thereabouts. To justify that stupid move, I decided to also go all the way to the next town, 15 miles south of her house, to buy a big load of shavings for the farm. Which I did, then came back and drove it over to the farm to feed, even though I knew full well I was not feeling good enough to empty the shavings. Maybe tomorrow.

So what I did was drive 30 miles out of my way, when I do not feel good, to avoid buying gas at a gas station I have to pass, because I decided I was not buying gas until Monday. Now, why did I pick Monday? I have no idea. Maybe because I play games in my head about predicting what my bank balance will be when the paychecks hit, but that would not explain why I also drove the trailer to the grocery store and bought steaks and pork chops and ham that costs way more than gas, and that I will just put in the freezer and never eat. Also, there is plenty of money in the bank, so no need to be all anxious about what gets bought when. Not at all.

This is the kind of ridiculousness that goes on around here.

I am afraid I am getting more and more like my mother every day.

So guess what I am doing tomorrow? I am NOT getting gas. Everyone keep their phones on should I run out and need someone to pick me up on the road

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you run out of gas---and it is sunday or maybe even monday on the WAY TO THE GAS STATION- - - - -

your logic will stink!!!!!

talk about denials----hehehe
enjoy carol

the cubicle's backporch said...

I cannot tell you how many times I've done this. And in my head I know how illogical it is but I am determined to do it THAT WAY.

Of course since I have to fill my gas tank up every other day, it doesn't give me much room to play. But this definitely happens in other situations!

And I laughed out loud on your post a couple days ago where you said "Anyone need some shit?"

Shelley said...

You know, there is medication for this. Big grin as I duck and run. :)

Anonymous said...

i hope you run out of gas and have to walk 3 miles to the gas station.

BS

Fantastyk Voyager said...

At least your ahead of the game- you've got your groceries and shavings already. ;0

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network