Thursday, September 9, 2010

My new obsession

You know what I need more than anything else in the world is something else to be obsessed with. Because I do not have enough to do, with Barry moving off to Columbus OH to work, a new dog in the house, weaning coming up, fall farm work to tend to, getting back in the swing of working out at least 5 days a week, trying to track my food so all that is not wasted, and all the other things I have to do every day--like go to work. Shit like that.


My new thing is learning how to shoot pictures in the RAW format, and learn how to edit them afterwards. It is like learning a completely new language. I thought this was way over my head and I had no reason to learn it, but now I do, so now I am. You can imagine how many hours I can spend getting up to speed on this stuff. I might sit here for six hours at a time---or I would, if I did not have to get up to take some more cough medicine every once in a while. That is wearing me out, especially as I have to hobble across the room to get it without aggravating my ouchy toe that I cut damn near off with the farm gate last nite.

So I am learning. It is like a whole new world. I have shot just some random shots to try it, and edited a couple and WOW, is there a difference. I have no idea what I am doing on the editing stuff yet, but I can definitely see a difference. Since RAW pics are so big, I have to move a whole bunch more stuff to my external drive or my computer will completely quit me--it is on the verge as it is.


In the midst of all that, I have other things irritating me. I have a new case at work that just breaks my heart--every time I turn the page, it gets more heartbreaking. I hate that. I got a notice from my mortgage company that my escrow will be short 933 bucks by December. So my payment will go up about 78 bucks a month. That pisses me slap off. That is half of what we saved by re-financing, which cost several thousand dollars and was totally screwed up on their end anyway. Someone is getting a phone call, as this makes no sense--my property taxes actually went down, so how can this be? WTF?

Also, the world around me is getting weirder. A guy at work has his first child who will be a year old in January I think. This nutbag (who is a great guy but not normal by any stretch) is paying someone to come to his house three times a week to speak Mandarin to his child. WTF?

I don't know if I told this, but my Dad's cancer is evidently not as manageable as expected. That requires more surgery to determine what the course will be. I get more irritated with the health care system all the time--the bladder tumor grew and grew and grew while they screwed around trying to make his heart strong enough to allow him to have the scope needed to check on it. Turns out, the heart doc just had no idea that the scope was not a big deal and did not require dad to have general anasthesia at all, which was his hangup. WTF? So this last surgery, they were unable to get it all, and he has to have surgery again to cut more into the bladder wall. That just flat pisses me off---their delay is what allowed it to get so bad. There is no accountability and someone always drops the ball.

On the good news front, my sister and BIL expect to get the call any day to come to Korea to get Crews. They know his visa has been issued. It is just a matter of time, and once they get the call that it is time to travel, they will be out of here in a matter of days to get him. They cannot stay there long though, so will be back directly thereafter. Mom and Dad are going to Houston to take care of Gabi while they are gone. That should be a trip, but with everything going on otherwise, everyone is anxious to have the timing of it all work out. If need be, they will just reschedule Dad's surgery, since Crews coming home is the most important thing. I have no idea when I will get to meet him.

Ok, its time for more cough medicine

4 comments:

Holly said...

Your whole family moves at warp speed don't they?

Paige said...

Does it seem like that? To me, it seems like I am always saying HURRY UP!

Anonymous said...

What is photography RAW?

Variety is the spice of life!

Are the Drs. going to REFUND the cost of the surgery and/or do the second one for FREE?

Pack the suitcases for Crews!

A nice weekend coming up
Enjoy Carol

Queen-Size funny bone said...

you better rest up so that cold will go away

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network