Saturday, September 18, 2010

Funny

Im gone trying to get some skills in my life--I will tell you all about it when I get home.


But I have to tell you of the texts I had with Barry last nite. He is still living in hotels in Columbus Ohio, and moves around like a vagrant a lot. I am not sure why that it is, but it probably has to do with saving ten cents. So anyway, I text him to tell him the dog won't eat his fancy food, I think I may have caused the garage to explode, and we are going to bed. He tells me he is drinking and eating dinner (at 11 pm?), at some bar/restaurant near his new hotel, as he is checking out the "local scene".

That cracks me up. I told him he need not be concerned about the local scene as he is damn near 40 and has a wife, and he should go back to his hotel and read a book about Jesus.

He said he is doing that in 10 minutes.

Anyone want to be that is not what happened? He is kind of a strange dude. I swear he is going to get arrested one of these days on his adventures, because people will think he is a dirty old man, but he does not get it. I don't know who he thinks is going to bail him out when it happens

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Barry.
What are you up to this weekend?
Mom

Amanda said...

The problem is that we tend to forget how old and inappropriate we are. But the world does not see us as hot 20 year olds that are fun to party with... they see us as old, out of shape, wanna-be young things and that's just creepy. He is so cute though.

aa

Funder said...

Tell Barry to go back to his room, because there IS no local scene in Columbus. Shudder!

Well, maybe if he's IN town. But the 'burbs are disgustingly burby. Is that a word? It should be.

Anonymous said...

Old proverb or whatever!
Age is a state of the mind --etc.

and both age and mind for me are gone to h-----

and thoughts on approaching 40---I was told "life begins at 40" they just forgot to finish by saying it begins to fall apart----IF YOU LET IT.

meantime Barry---be careful---
and waiting for the weekend Paigeasters to come.

hehehe Enjoy carol

Lori said...

You have to go visit him and go to Short North and their indoor farmer's market/eating place. I was there for a work conference and made fun of my hotel roommate for reading and taking notes the hotel-provided book on entertainment. But we did something fun every day we were there.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

everytime anyone i know was in a situation that i thought they could get in trouble i would say...remember GOD SEES YOU...

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network