Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Follicle Factory Foul-up

Actually, it is not the follicles. It is the failure of the sperm and the egg to make productive acquaintance that is jacking up my day.


Both HG and Squeak came up empty at their preg checks today, damn them. No reason, they just did. We are starting to wonder if HG will not breed with a baby at side. By the way, that baby is looking like he is making progress on the leg straightening. Squeak quite often does not conceive the first round.

This year, she has figured out a way to spend my money fast--by requiring her semen to get here RIGHT NOW. So it is being flown in, as Fed Ex is too slow for this round--she has a 50mm follicle. Oy vey. HG has a 40 on one side, and a 38 on the other, so her semen will arrive via conventional methods(ha, is any of this conventional?) Thursday morning. I have not broken it to the vet that he will have to come back up here since I have to go to Chicago.

Also, Hawk and Echo are being xrayed tomorrow--Echos abcess may be something more, or the worlds most stubborn abcess. Either way, tomorrow we will eyeball it. Hawk has clearly had a pre-laminitic episode, and lets hope that is it--we never saw him being off at all, but his hooves suggest it. We will look for rotation via xray tomorrow.

Other than the vet visit sucking hard, I had a sensible day at work. My new brainy intern is totally on the ball, even if she does not know it, and I made sense of some other piece of work that up to this point has done nothing but blur my vision. After work, I bushhogged the middle pasture, which always makes me happy, moved hay and mowed the yard here at my house. Not until that last one did I hurt myself--wild rose bush to the face.

I do not recommend that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart.
Mom

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Aww, that's not all good news, is it? Hope it gets better for you real soon.

FedexLina said...

Hello ! This is Fedex Lina. I understand you expect expeditious delivery on your critical semen shipments. We have a SameDay Services that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and holidays. FedEx can pick up and deliver your shipment anywhere in the US in approximately 10 to 12 hours from the time you book your shipment with us.We also offer Same Day City delivery. Our freight class for this service is from 1 - 300 lbs for air service. Our base rate for air service (over 200 miles) is $ 173.00. Our base rate for ground service (under 200 miles) is $ 50.00. May I suggest you visit our website http://www.fedexsameday.com/ for a free courteous rate quote. To speak to a knowledgeable representative please call 1800 399 5999 and select option 4 and then 1 to speak directly to a representative. They would be happy to answer any general questions, rate quotes, schedule pickups and give shipment status. We look forward to serving your critical semen shipments needs. Have a enjoyable summer.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network