Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 2- Roatan

Long hard day of diving, and puking. Mostly puking, to be honest. The morning dive was rough rough rough and as I normally do on the first day of a dive trip, I puked my guts out. This time, I dialed it up a notch and puked IN the water repeatedly, then again and again and again back on the boat. The only saving grace was we had a boat malfunction during our surface interval which we had thankfully taken in a quiet harbor, so I had a little time between pukings.


So I slept it off a good part of the day, and only went on two dives today. I tried out my new camera and learned I am too stupid to use it. Amy and I took a starter class with a fancy underwater photog this evening, and I have a private lesson with him at 6:30 am tomorrow. Can you imagine? Me willingly getting up at 6 in the morning?

If I live through that, we have a shark dive scheduled one day, and diving with the dolphins another day--and still have lots of other stuff to fit in.

Our beach house is gorgeous, and I will post pics soon. This is a great place--people are fun, staff is incredible, and every time you open the fridge there is more beer and diet Coke and Twizzlers in it.

5 comments:

Holly said...

so let me see if I have this right.

you always puke and puke and you KEEP DOING THIS? I *hate* to puke and will do nearly anything not to so if this type of vaca caused me to puke I would find sumfun else to do.

Good luck with the camera.....it sounds like it would be fun to use.

Anonymous said...

Puke, diving, beer and coke---what a combination! ! ! !

Glad you got there and hopefully "stupid is as stupid goes' will pass with camera lesson this morning.

You are "NOT" stupid.

Enjoy Day 3 Roatan
Carol

Shelley said...

Aren't you supposed to save the puking (chumming) for the shark dive. ha Sorry, I just couldn't resist. I can't wait to see pics.

Paige said...

No, I do not always puke--just the first boat ride. I always forget how sick I got last time, and forget to take the Bonine for it. I guess it is like childbirth--its so worth it, I forget the bad stuff

Yesterday kicked my ass--I am just now coming around.

Off I go again

Holly said...

oh...ok, if it isn't for the whole trip AND the meds would help I'm sure I'd be taking the meds and enjoy myself!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network