Saturday, April 10, 2010

Baby boy week #2


These pics were taken on day 9, the day of the great jailbreak when every horse on the property lost their mind and tried to steal baby boy from HG. He of course thought it was the best thing that ever happened.

Since then, short stuff has been on lock down, which I just hate. Friday, we blocked off the aisleway of his line of stalls, and let him and mama have the run of that---no where near as swell as being outside, but at least he has a 50 foot long run to play in. The first thing he did was jump over an 800 pound square bale.


I do not know what it is about this kid, but I just love him. He has so much personality in that little body--he makes the funniest faces, and he is really a pleasure to be around. He is now on Rejuvenaide, an oral supplement that may straighten up his legs some, and even though it looks like baby shit, and tastes not a lot better, he takes it like a big boy every day, and seems to like it. He has had it three times, and so far it is still a two man arrangement to catch him and get the syringe in his mouth. Every day he gets easier to work with though--he has never been bad, he is just a wiggly little monkey sometimes--and I hope to be able to do it by myself soon. I bet I can in a few more days. I am so proud of Haida Girl too, who has really adjusted to motherhood, and is good at it--but has decided he needs his own bucket of feed, and should not eat out of hers. That is not a good situation, and we need to work on it.

By the end of the weekend, we hope to have a small outdoor pen built for him--small enough to restrict his exercise, but out in the sun and fresh air, and big enough to be able to kick up his heels.

5 comments:

Holly said...

my goodness he is cute! And HG is just a beautiful girl. No wonder he is as cute as can be!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

He sure is a cutie! Sounds like he is a crazy, fun one too!

Anonymous said...

Bond and determined as a "youngster" ---what will he be like as a "kid" ready for the regular world?

And a picture perfect couple.

Enjoy enjoy Carol

Nancy said...

AWESOME Pics - My mare foaled last night - WE HAVE A FILLY - Long Long Wait for us but healthy and that is all that matters!

Jocelyn said...

he is cute !
Pray with me
Illinois
Illinois
Illinois

We could have such fun!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network