Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Paige now does Pilates--and it pisses me off

but probably will not do it again. I felt like I was kind of in yoga class, which does not agree with me. When I have to do things slowly like that, I spend the whole time getting madder and madder and madder---I am not genetically wired to just do one thing at a time. Yoga and pilates require that.

I could ill afford any more anger today.

Once again, I could not sleep--partly due to headache and partly just restlessness. So I did not get to work until 11 am. That is no way to start the day. Right off the bat, that stupid desk chair of mine bucked me off and into the shelves, making all my stuff fall off and on to me. This desk chair has been trying to kill me for close to a year and while you would not think it could get any worse, it has. For some reason, the stem of the chair has slipped down to the ground, so that the four wheels do not touch the ground. It is just perched on this middle column of the seat. It rocks every which way until a wheel hits the ground, then fires back the other direction---in addition, the leather is all ripped open at the seams, and the back is not attached too well. The only real surprise is that it has taken this long to pitch me all the way out. It has been doing that for a few weeks now.

And in the nature of bureaucracy, it was finally decided that I can have a working chair, but it takes several layers of people to sign off on it all over the state. I guess that takes a while.

In the midst of dealing with that chair trying to kill me, and trying to finish a few things, I got the taxes and my need to do them on my mind. When my computer started acting up, I felt like my head was going to blow off. I decided to quit this whole day and go home before I did something hateful to someone.

I ran errands and went to bed, and for the first time in weeks, I actually SLEPT. The first hour sucked, but the next two were swell. When I woke up, I had no idea where I was, what day it was--it was some good sleeping.

Since I was no longer so pissed, I went to the first pilates class. I do not think I am cut out for it. Anything we do on our backs where we have to raise our legs high up in the air tears my back up. If it was not my back hurting, it was my neck. Plus it is SO SLOW. I got better as the class went on and we did other things, like planks and scissors, etc. The best part of the class is that it only lasted forty minutes! I will try it again, but I am not a huge fan. I do not know if it is the teacher or just the discipline. If I get irritated again, I think it will not make it into my regular routine.

In other news of things that I do not do--I am making chicken soup. Out of a chicken carcass. I have no idea what has gotten into me--well, someone made me do this, but for me to have an actual chicken in the crock pot is really peculiar. It looks like an alien and I am kind of skeered. Pray the house does not explode and that I do not kill someone with this soup I have been badgered into making for an office thing. I guess if it sucks, I can put it in the desk chair and let er fly

6 comments:

Holly said...

soup is easy. You will love it.

Maybe,just because it is different, you should try the stuff that is slow.

Make it a challenge to yourself to see if you can switch gears. Like you expect of your ponies.

Anonymous said...

Take Holly's advice---I think she knows you well!! !

Homemade soup------yum yum

Enjoy whatever
Carol

Linda said...

I have to be in the right frame of mind for Pilates/Yoga. I have to relax my mind, slow down my breathing. It's so much easier to jump on a treadmill and go! Pilates/Yoga might help you learn to shut your mind off so you can sleep better. But if it isn't fun and it makes you grumpy don't do it. Then it's just a chore and thats no fun. Just my two cents:)

The Wife said...

I'm with ya about yoga. Hate it! And I can't do pilates in public. Why you ask? Well there's a reason my husband calls it tootaloties when I do the video at home!!

Anonymous said...

Hm hm.. that's quiet interessting but actually i have a hard time figuring it... I'm wondering what others have to say....

Venom said...

OMG - the image of the chair flinging you into the bookcase is like a cartoon... there should have been canned laughter in the background. While I was reading it, I was absolutely thinking to myself "I bet the red tape to get a new shair, even one that is clearly NEEDED, is insane. I suggest (when working late one night) that you switch your chair with the chair your boss sits in --I'll bet the new chair comes faster that way.

I'm behind in my reading due to a new job (what was I thinking?). Loved seeing all the spring horsey pics today Paige!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network