Saturday, February 20, 2010

No wonder I am broke

The pig ate 10 POUNDS of potatoes. I left them in the wrong place and he ate them. As a result, he had not felt well since then, but I think he is starting to perk up.

While he was doing that, Slater helped himself to a new bag of beef jerky and a pound of the really good smoked almonds. Barry found him in bed with a stupid look on his face, and laying on the wrappers, like "Don't look, don't look, don't look".

Today it is 50 degrees and gorgeous outside. Foxy and Playmate and Rock got to take off their dresses for a while, and I put Play and Foxy in the front pasture, hoping they would play together and get some exercise. I don't think it is working, or it was not at first--they were just moseying around and not playing like I thought they would. Rock did not want to come out to play, which is odd--and makes me wonder if her vision is acting up again. We shall see.

After I did that, I wasted the good sunshine to go to the movies to see "Precious". I have waited for it to come for so long and it finally did, and I was not about to miss it. I read the book a long time ago, so was prepared, but Mo'Nique was so incredible, I bawled like a little baby at her. If she does not win an Oscar, something is wrong with this world. I think BS even teared up a little, but I was boohooing so hard, I could not hear well. I am not like that at all, and I even cried all the way home. I am still not right. I know some families like that, so maybe it makes my heart hurt more, I don't know.

We rushed home to catch the Illinois-Purdue game on TV--so far The Illini are holding their own, but I withhold judgment for a while.

I am back hard on the very low carb diet, hoping that helps my headaches and gets me kick started again. So if I threaten to kick your ass soon, let it go, it is just the withdrawal talking

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

6 comments:

hooves said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have a terrible headache today also and I haven't been on your diet. I think it is the weather. I found you a palomino stallion today in Hamilton Co. hooves

Liza Lundell said...

Not sure, but I think that's why they're called pigs.

Liza

Anonymous said...

Sinus is the culprit----You, Hooves and me and how many more can come forth to "share a delight" of the day. Ugh!

Sounds like a "grand" weekend.

Enjoy Carol

Gail said...

Thanks, I now know I am having a good day.

Jocelyn said...

i had the weirdest dream about you last night, I came out to visit and you lived in this camp trailer but it had a BASEMENT! Crazy!

Then all these people kept showing up to visit and we were all crammed into this camp trailer, it was wall to wall BEDS! .....

This Belle Rocks said...

Good luck on your low-carb diet. My Mom swears that is the only way she can lose weight!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network