Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Foggy day

These pics were taken around 12:30 this afternoon--while I had a very high end lunch of ham sammich in the truck, while I filled waters, and fed everyone. You could hardly see ten feet in front of you. Look at that mud, and the water standing everywhere--gross gross gross
This one is a bit smarter--she chose to stand somewhere that was not just muck. What is it about horses that makes them CHOOSE the nasty area to stand in? I do not get it. There is perfectly nice ground--at least 3/4 of it is fine--but do they stand there? Nope. They stand in muck. I had to color correct this shot though, because Shiloh was a little further and you could not even see her.


Speaking of weird horse things: Foxy may have finally hit her saturation point on feed....from 9:30 to 12:30, she ate only about ten pounds of senior, instead of the full 20-25 I have her. Even at 5:30 pm, she had only eaten maybe 12-15 pounds! That thrills me, because it makes me think she is finally feeling satisfied. I gave her a little more to put her antibiotics on and will not check on her again tonight--I am not in the mood to go back out in this filth. Tomorrow morning will be fine. I cannot believe she has eaten damn near 200 pounds of senior since I separated her---I have to reload tomorrow
Big Fat Rock got her new dress on today. I was waiting until she totally destroyed her other one before I gave her a new one, and when I got there this morning, she was trapped by shreds of blanket. You can see the carcass of it hanging on the fence now.

I know exactly how she felt too, as when I got to work today, my desk chair got caught on the side of the floor mat, which was ripped and messed up. I was lodged up against the desk and could not move any direction. Fortunately, someone heard me fighting and cussing at it, and came to get me out. Talk about embarrassing--I had to try to stand up and mash even more against the desk, so he could pull the chair out and over the jacked up mat. So ridiculous.

On another note, I bought my plane tix to Houston and we decided to also see the Black Eyed Peas show while I am there, so I got those tix too. That is going to be so fun!

3 comments:

Jillene said...

WOW--that is some crazy thick fog!!

Anonymous said...

You are on a roll! Two good things out of three.

Foxy and Tickets all set
Office mat--gotta go

Do the horses like to "squeeze" their hooves, (feet) in mud---like kids? Fun? ? ? ?

enjoy carol

Amy said...

Yay! I'm so excited we'll both be at the Brooks & Dunn show in Houston! Can't wait to see you!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network