Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Spike


Spike is so much cuter than this pic. He is really nice looking. But that is all beside the point. I got all his pics done and am ready to roll on his registration, but as usual---I am afraid to act without your input.

Spike's sire is Meradas Blue Sue, and his dam is Aristagal by Smart Aristocrat. My only thought so far is Aristocratic Sue. Yeah--not so creative, I know.

For you non-horse people--the trick to naming AQHA horses is you get 20 letters and spaces, and it is common to include significant pedigree names in the foals name. For example, Meradas Blue Sue is a pretty famous horse--so that is something you play up. Aries' sire, Smart Aristocrat is also pretty famous, so that is something to consider. You cannot use a name that has already been used or sounds just like one that has been used--but you also cannot use a name that is misleading. For example, I could not use the name PEptoboonsmal the Second, because Spike has nothing to do with Peptoboonsmal. It is misleading.

As always though, I like funny--something that will catch attention in the cutting pen--and that people will remember should be go on to big things.

11 comments:

Jillene said...

I am on drugs so my brain can't even process something cleaver let alone funny. Sorry!!

I think that the picture of Spike is just fine. He is beautiful!!

Kalin said...

Blue Blooded
A Smart Blue Blood
Sue The Aristocrat

hooves said...

Meradas Aristablue; Ima Blue Aristocrat-hooves

hooves said...

AristaMerada-hooves

Linda said...

Smart Blue Sue...I like a boy named Sue!

Reddunappy said...

hmm Mirada has no meaning according to google LOL


LOL I love Kalin's

Sue the Aristocrat! LOL

thats funny and memorable LOL

Gail said...

How about AristaBlue Meradas, 18 spaces and name includes both dam and sire?

Gail said...

Meradasblue Aristaguy...I shall be quiet now.

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Well I'm no help this time... I can't think of one on my own!! Maybe I'm to tired LOL!! However I do like Gail's first suggestion of "AristaBlue Meradas"...Pretty cool I think!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lesson on naming horses today.

Arista Boy Sue

not very good, but my contribution

it's hard

enjoy Carol

MicBel QH said...

Meradacrat

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network