Thursday, September 24, 2009

My whole self hurts

I swear I did not edit this pic and put one of those funky effects on it--it came straight out of the camera this way. I like it.

Today is a rainy gross day. A good day for me to feel like I have been hit by a truck--which I do, since I decided it was time that I become a runner. I started at 1 pm yesterday on my lunch hour--I followed the beginning runner instructions of running two minutes, walking three minutes and repeating for 30 minutes. I did it, but thought I was going to die.

I did it in the street by my house--and when people drove by, I was afraid that people were going to stop and see if I needed help. That is the kind of spectacle I made of myself. Even worse, I was not sure that I did not need help. More than once, I considered just rolling out in the ditch and waiting for it all to end.

Somehow I ended up at home. Still breathing. Today, I wish I was not. I hurt so bad. It started in my shoulders and back, but now it is in the outside of my thighs and my butt. I still did spinning class this morning though! Go me! As the day wore on, it got worse of course--but I had training with the Beast tonight. I think he gets off on these things. He knew I was hurting bad, but this might have been the hardest workout we have ever done--I did 200 pounds on the leg press, which I have not done before. And three sets of planks, which I hate hate hate, and he made me carry a pile of weights up and down the steps. That made me woozy.

But it was still a good day, as I lost another 1.6 pounds--down to a new low since the fat set in. I FEEL good, despite all the pain. And I still have not hit my calorie limit--which means I get to eat MORE yogurt! This will be yogurt four of the day, but I do not care.

Tomorrow means to be a crazy day--cross your fingers that I can do it all, and still get in the walk/jog/shuffle I am supposed to do.

This getting in shape crap is not all its cracked up to be. But I did try on new jeans that I got for Xmas that were not even buttonable at that time--and they might even be big now!

10 comments:

City girl turned Country Girl said...

That is fantastic!!! Great job on the running!!!

Anonymous said...

Lookin good and remember----

No Pain No Gain

which means achieving your goal!!!

Hooray and enjoy Carol

Holly said...

Go you!!!!!

I am proud of you Paige Strawn. Very proud.

I simply cannot walk or run anymore, the ankle won't allow it, but I have been riding every day and am beginning to watch the calories.

must.lose.weight.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Keep it up! You're doing better than me already!

mrscravitz said...

Keep up the good work! It will be all worth it in the end. GO! GO! GO!

Amy B. said...

YAY YOU!!! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!!

The Wife said...

Go Paige! Get your run on!!

The Stiletto Mom said...

Good for you! I loved your description, if I tried to run people would be calling 911 as they drove by. No joke.

Keep it up!!!

Shelley said...

You go girl. Congrats and keep up the excellent work. I refuse to run because of my flat feet but have dusted off my bicycle and have started riding that again. That makes my legs burn like a mo-fo.

mommymae said...

i'm proud of you, paige.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network