Sunday, September 27, 2009

Are you telling me this is not normal?

Barry has tried to tell me that the condition of my refrigerator is not normal. I think it is perfectly normal to have 25 yogurts. I had a yogurt emergency Friday morning at work, and that is not about to happen again, so I stocked up. You should see the fridge in my office--it is well-stocked as well too--that way if I forget to take yogurt to work, there will already be some.

My fridge has most of my favorite things. On the top shelf, where drinks normally live, is yogurt. With Miller Lite hiding behind it. And life is not complete without Prego fresh mushroom sauce. Why I think I need that, I do not know, since the Beast has banned me from eating pasta. I would really like to drink that lemonade, which was not cheap and is really good, but it has a shitload of carbs in it, so I only allow myself one sip at a time.

On the next shelf is yogurt. And a big ass honking jug of garlic. Perhaps that is a little odd. And two things of leftovers--some spinach artichoke dip that I put too much garlic in. And stuffed shells leftovers that I am also not allowed to eat and that I put too much garlic in.

On the third shelf, is yogurt. And pickles. This should demonstrate to you how much I have taken to the yogurt---this shelf used to be for JUST pickles. Now it is sharing with yogurt.

The drawers are full of cheese. And maybe some yogurt. Hard to say, but it is a safe bet.

So is he right? Is this weird?

15 comments:

The Stiletto Mom said...

That is, um, A LOT of yogurt. But, I could probably eat all that before it's expiration date so I'm going to go with "not weird".

The Wife said...

Yogurt overload maybe?! I've been trying greek yogurt. Don't quite know what I think of it yet.

House Queen said...

So funny that I stumbled upon your blog! Last week, I put 18 cups of yogurt in my fridge and got a little laugh when I looked at it.

FYI: there are only 3 left!

Come visit me:

http://housequeen.blogspot.com

Holly said...

since I like yogurt, it's not quite weird, but it is a lot of yogurt. Those little bits of yogurt just don't do it for me either.....I want a lot when I eat it.

Carrie said...

I wish I could find that yogurt up here. I google'd it and it is a Kroger brand and we don't have Kroger up here.

I eat Activia instead. And only 1 a day due to the carb content.

Linda said...

I think Barry's weird! I could eat that before it expires.

Screwed Up Texan said...

I think I should show you a pic of my college fridge...we had six bottles of mustard. As much as I love mustard...6 bottles is not normal especially when only four live there.

Lorna said...

If it satifies your food needs then by all means stock more!

Also, if you can't eat pasta - use the preggo mushroom sauce on other things - get the low carb 'wraps' and use it as a sauce on there and put some other goodies on it (like a burrito) - Or use low carb bread, toast the bread and put your sauce on that (like a pizza bread) - Or nacho chips - they are not bad (carb wise) as a snack - you can have like 23 round chips and stay within a decent carb count - and treat it like chips and salsa - salsa is another good topping that is low carb. Use it as a dip for your vegies. I'm assuming since your watching carbs not fat - melt some cheese and use the sauce then spoonful of melted cheese as another topping. I use as my gotta have something to eat and low carb as my cheese sticks - sharp cheddar by sargento - they rock. And they have a decent protein count to boot! Lots of options for that sauce besides pasta!

Anonymous said...

Haa!!! Haaa!!! laughing all the way up to get my coffee this morning. Your fridge is normal- cause you are normal cause it is everthing else that is not normal.

And Wow Dr. Food Mom gives EXCELLENT advice----take heed---and I don't she think she "charges" a fee.

Hee! Hee! Enjoy Enjoy Carol

Amy B. said...

So, here are my comments on your frig - YES, extraordinarily weird that you have THAT much yogurt! And, secondly, I'm am failing to recall the bar tab incident that you reference on Mandy's page - though not denying it happened, just can't remember when/where, please enlighten me and the rest of your blog reading friends! And lastly, 3 1/2 weeks til Key Largo - soooo excited!

Jocelyn said...

OMG, we have the same things in our fridge, garlic, PICKLE shelf, marinara sauce, cheese and yogurt.

CRAZY !

Paige said...

Allrighty, AmyB. This is a story from the adult collection. It was at Sharkeez, after that Godpfor-saken bike ride you made me go on that damn near killed me. Same day I almost got my ass kicked when my butt knocked over some chics beer.

but I could have mentioned many another occasion--like social chair party with the Goldschlager. Or how bout the first day of Belize 08 in the tropical storm? Or even worse, the last day of that when we ran up a $400 bar tab

Amy B. said...

Ahhh...yes, that fateful Sharkeez night - I remember now...too funny! And, yes, I remember the other stories too, no need to go on...LOL :)

EmmaP said...

wow... MOST of those are my favs too. oh, and when I make spaghetti for the kids now, I totally just eat a bowlful of sauce for me... ;)

mommymae said...

that's a lot of yogurt, yo

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network