Monday, June 8, 2009

An interruption

I so planned to have a bunch of pics done to show you tonight, but my Photoshop program is acting a fool and the exhaustion is setting in, so I am not in the mood to screw with it.
One that I got to before it crapped out on me. It is so hard to get these silhouette shots and still get depth, and if I was trying to do it, I could not. Nice surprise though that this turned out so well---those are scuba tanks at the end of the dock--a pretty good distance away. I am pretty sure I was laying in a lounge chair under my palapa, so the palm tree was really close. I like how it turned out.

But I have to tell you of the absurd day I have had.

I went to work like a good girl, sure I had a huge pile of mail and messages to deal with there. I did not. There were about 10 things in my mailbox, maybe 75 emails, and not much else. First time that has ever happened to me. I wondered if I had been canned and not heard about it, but evidently not. My evaluation was on my desk awaiting my review--and it was quite good. Honestly, it was pretty much what it always is--I do a lot of work, I help others do their work, and the Court thinks I am swell. It is nice to hear though. Even the one criticism was a fair one that I can work on.

After that, the rest of the day kind of fell apart.

Barry went after the mares at sleep away camp. I think he left about 11 am. It is about 25 miles to the facility they were boarded. At 12:30 or 1, I talked to him and he had failed to obtain any mares. He had gotten 90% of the way there--and stopped to eat. Only Barry would need to go eat on a 25 mile trip after eating out for 10 solid days. At that point, he realized he had forgotten the checkbook, so he came all the way home. A normal person would have continued on and just mailed the check, but Barry like to burn diesel at 9 mpg.

I talked to him again at 2:30 and he could not find any checks. Dear God. Do not ask me what took 90 minutes to get back here. Maybe he was pulling the truck and trailer with his teeth. I met him at the corner and gave him some checks and sent him back down the road. Back to work I went, with about 3.5 hours more to go. I worked worked worked worked.

He called at 4:00 and had just picked up the girls, I swear to God. He was calling to tell me the big news of the day. Pig had gotten in the house again. This time, he had eaten my protein bars which he found in my suitcase, which was in the living room. He also had gotten into the dog food, and knocked over a saddle rack, complete with saddle and a couple of pads (do not ask my why a saddle on display always has extra pads on it, because I do not know).

I am sure that 15 chocolate and peanut butter protein bars cannot be good for peeg, so I called the vet. There was some laughing, as you can imagine. Vet suggested that peeg should not have done that and he could do well with some medical assistance. But Barry is not answering the phone so that he could go get the meds, and I had to work some more, so thank God, Rita fit it into her errand schedule and she got it for me.

I worked til almost 7, then went to the farm to mow the grass that had gotten way out of control while we were gone. As you may or may not know, I am a fanatic about mowing. I like it. With two properties to mow though, I am always behind, especially when it rains like it has this year--non-stop. I saw that while we were gone, some trees were knocked down. Before we know it, we will not have any left. Anyway, mowing is not so fun when you feel stressed, just so you know.

It is also not really that fun when it is trying to storm, and the tornado is coming. I take that as a challenge though, to get something mowed before all hell breaks loose. One of these days, I am going to lose at that game. I gave up when I was almost struck by lightning.

I got home to see that peeg had not only had himself some protein bars, he found rice krispy treats in my suitcase--now where did those come from? He helped me unpack as well--took all my swimming suits out of the top of the suitcase, and dragged them all over the living room. He must not like it that we never unpack in a timely manner. Barry said that peeg had also brought Barry's mud boots in the house with him. Now that is interesting. I did not even notice that with all the rest of the mess he had left here.

We have spent the rest of the evening trying to get Tequila to feel better, and cleaning this nasty house. This business of having no cleaning lady is starting to become a problem. At this rate, when we get caught up, we will be ready to start again.

Now it is 10:30 and I am so tired, I am not convinced I can get out of this chair to get to bed.

Maybe tomorrow will be a little less filled with lunacy, and I can get back on the program with editing pics so I can tell you all about my trip.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Goodness...when you get home you do it with a bang.

Glad work is going well.

Barry and Doyle must have the same sense of "something" because everything Doyle does has to be done in the way that it takes the most time.

Hope Peeg is okay...and that Tequila starts feeling better soon.

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Paige~ I think you need to go BACK on vacation!!! You are overworked!!! Men Ha, they never cease to amaze me LOL JK!! I hope your Tuesday is better!!!

Anonymous said...

good gosh paige-------what a day!

Hopefully today ( Tues) will be better.

As you say above in your leave your comment instructions------

My day yesterday was soooo nice. My stitching group met at the home of one of the members for a potluck luncheon. We "celebrated" the Joy and Sadness of two our members. Joy was the upcoming wedding of one of our "widows" to her long time high school sweethert. Like so many school romances----when it cooled each went on with their own lives in separate directions. Time marches on and now each one is single again but now reuniting in marriage. Money, household etc is not a problem so a "toaster" for the newly married couple is NOT NEEDED. hee hee. However, each Christmas we have stitched an ornament and exchanged them among ourselves and then lunch at someone's home. It makes it so much more personable. So for the wedding---each of us stitched her an ornament and gave money for the table top tree. On top of that she was TOTALLY SURPRISED as she really thought it was just a spring luncheon. By the way the wedding will take place in So. Dak where they lived and the family still lives there.

Sadness is when another member lost her husband this month---suddenly---but not really--as he had an on going heart condition as well as he LOVED TO SMOKE and at his age was not going to change. Great way to go for him but a little of a shock for Sue.

So for a change you can read about my day---providing you have time---

And this morning heard about a terrible storm hitting Marion and of course my son lives there too. Oh my Mother Nature is a b.......!

Enjoy enjoy and hopefully today will be great for you. Carol

The Wife said...

LOL! I had to laugh about Barry and the time it took him. My hubby is the same way! "pulling the truck and trailer with his teeth!" that made me bust out!

And the peeg...dear, sweet peeg. It just wanted to help you out with the unpacking!

Linda said...

I can so relate to the Hubby having ONE task that to take care of all day and not managing to get it done in a timely manner! Or better yet gettint to the destination, having forgotten the checkbook, calling ME to bring it to HIM! Men! Gotta love:)
Glad your home safe and the place is still standing:) Let the horses loose on the grass. They can take care of it rain or shine:)

Jocelyn said...

My word! Paige!

You don't do anything easy thats for sure!

How did peeg get in da house?

When I come to visit, I'll make sure and have my Rice Krispy Treats in a sealed box ! hahaha.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful. It appears that you managed to have a good time, even though Barry couldn't dive.
We're glad you're home safe and sound. I know you needed the vacation.
Peeg's move to the farm is way overdue.
Love you,
Mom

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network