Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The funniest part of the trail ride

Was Sunday at the very end


At least I am sure the other people thought this was the funniest part---and I have to admit, I did not mind, as it was hotter than Hades and I knew it would happen----it felt pretty good.


I am glad that Linda had the quick camera because they are pretty funny shots. I was in the midst of deciding whether to stay on and ride Radar back up when he got up, or get off to make it easier on him, when he made it easy on me---he put his whole head under water and tried to roll up on his back like Slater. I have NEVER seen a horse put their whole head under the water like that in my life- but maybe I was just not paying attention.
Radar was proud of himself, I guess.
As we were laughing at his antics (and mine, I assume), Twister decided it was a good idea too--but he gave no warning and went from this shot of barely being in the water to this....
No Twister anywhere in the picture, and Rita covered in mud. I KNOW she does not think it is a swell as the rest of us did, but take my word for it---it was funny as hell, how all the Strawn horses lost their fool minds while the rest of them acted normally.

5 comments:

Holly said...

snort! Those are funny! Glad I was not on, I would have hopped off and waited for the impromptu bath to be over.

Paige said...

Sister, you have met me--can you picture me hopping ANYWHERE?


I would have been wet anyway, might as well enjoy the ride.

Next time I will correct him so it does not happen again.

Anonymous said...

I am still smiling, laughing, giggling at you guys.

What fun ! ! !

Enjoy Carol

Lorna said...

Great shots... Did your camera get wet? Is that your GOOD camera???

It just amazes me (not being a trailrider) that they love to get down into the water like that (not just walk thru or splash)-

Well, the good thing, is if you were laughing so hard at yourself, then Rita and pee'd your pants you wouldn't have been able to tell..

Camille said...

Bwaaahahaha! That is something that would happen to me. I can feel the mud in my shoes now!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network