Saturday, August 9, 2008

Tango's new obsession

Over the last few days, we have been trying something new with Squeak and Tango---we noticed when we brought them out of their pen to take pics that Squeak was so fascinated with all the grass that she did not give much thought to where Tango was or was not. This was a marked difference from the first time that we tried it, when it was a disaster and Squeak got so upset not being able to see her that we were afraid Squeak would get hurt.

Things are way different this time. Tango LOVES grass--so much so that it is not always easy to get her out in the pasture where I want to take pics because she is distracted by the grass in the cracks of the concrete she has to walk over to get to the pasture. It is a hoot how much she loves grass. She loves it so much that even when I try to run her around to get some good pictures, she takes her grass with her.

Note the dirt clod on the end of the grass--she must have carried it ten minutes before it dropped off

I thought she was going to have to name the thing, she was so attached to it.


I never got the conformation shots I want and need for the website, because she constantly had her head buried in the grass, but at least I got a few shots to show how cute she is. Such a pretty girl, huh?

Right now, she and Squeak are enjoying their first unsupervised turnout --they have been out since around 1 or 2 pm, but every time we check on them, they are happy and content with no signs of any distress---I guess 10 acres of pasture all to themselves will do that.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I love Tango, she's such a fun baby.

Lazy A Ranch said...

What a cutie, and I am very jealous that she can play in such lush pastures. Our sand pit has greened up since teh tropical storm, itis amazing what a good storm can do.

Paige said...

This is actually an anomaly-since giving up the hay field to use it as a pasture, it has let me not use the front and middle pastures for a while--finally some rotational grazing in here!

I have to bushhog it practically weekly though as it is so weedy, it is discussing.

Those burdock things are going to be the death of me, but I am bound and determined to have NO COCKLEBURS this year.

I have no idea how much gas money I have spent on this project, it is probably as absurd as the fish pond project

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network