Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sunflowers make me happy


And that is good for me, as the neighbor grows a big ol patch of them. I stopped on the way home and played with the camera settings---I was hampered by the sun placement, but it was still fun.
I think I have a problem of being addicted to using the widest open aperture I can get, which means sometimes I miss focusing on what I was after altogether. A couple turned out though. I have to find a happy medium, but I really like how it looks with a blurry background.
This is not as short a depth of field. I think. I remember the depth of field and aperture numbers differently than other people, so I might be saying it wrong. I know how to get what I want (ha, now if that is not a hell of a statement from me) in the picture, I just cannot verbalize it very well.
Even pink sunflowers. Who even knew there were such things? Probably everyone but me
I loved this dark red one.
What is this purple stuff? There was just a little of this in the front of the field.

I am going to get the hang of this taking pics of flowers thing, I do not know why it is so hard for me. I need more variety in my photos so I can quit posting pics of Gypsy every day

4 comments:

BITR Country Girl said...

Sunflowers are always beautiful. They're one of my favorites.

Lazy A Ranch said...

I LOVE the red one! I have never heard of a sun flower that's red. Ask your neighbor how can I grow them?

Robin Sallie said...

I too love sunflowers. Some of these photos should be posters! Nice job.

Carrie said...

NICE SHOTS.

Made me go out and try my hand at flower pics too with the new camera. Don't think I got anything as clear as you did - but it was windier than all get out.

But I am trying!!!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network