Sunday, May 11, 2008

Xanadu begins her recovery

It is taking longer to get Xan to simmer down after losing her baby than I have ever seen it. Part of that may be due to having to keep her in the same general area as she would have been had she still been with him, but I needed to keep her off the rich grass so she could slow down her milk production.

I finally gave up on Saturday and sent her to the hay field after all. She was wearing me out and I was afraid she would not calm down until she changed locations.
That lead to much playing and running, but it was not a frantic unhappy run at all--and she did stop and graze a lot. I think it was the right thing to do to move her, and it definitely gave me an opportunity for about 200 pics of her running---and about 100 of them were really good. I have not even started to edit them, but thought I would share a few of the early efforts.
I could have watched her forever.

She is going to be okay.

5 comments:

Holly said...

and so are you....

hugs again

Anonymous said...

Even beautiful horses need time to heal----just like their "human" friends.

Xan knows that and welcomes your understanding and you are rewarded too.

Carol

Jodi said...

She certainly looks good though.

Lazy A Ranch said...

Pretty pasture! She looks great.

Camille said...

Man is she pretty. I am sure she will be fine. I am sorry you lost your boy :(

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network