Monday, May 12, 2008

The verdict is in

on Turbo. I just talked to the pathologist.

What actually killed baby Turbo was a bacterial pneumonia, and sepsis. that came on in the last 12 hours, which is consistent with what we saw ourselves.

What made him sick was salmonella. He had severe ulcerative colitis, and a bad intestinal infection.

Poor baby.

I am to be on the lookout for problems in other babies, which I have been already. We seem good. He said I did right by bleaching the bejesus out of the two stalls he was in, but stay on top of everyone.

So far the only poopy butts I have seen are the expected ones--foal scours on Disco, and she got Biosponge, but I think she had already quit by then, etc. Nothing else so far.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

A dumb question please.

How did Turbo get the pneumonia?

Or would it be like humans---get a cold and then it goes into pneumonia.

Geez Louise---poor baby

Horse student Carol

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network