Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Birds everywhere

One of the features of the St Louis zoo is the flight cage thingy--it was built for the 1904 Worlds Fair. I paid more attention to the birds this time because Holly likes them.

One of the neatest ones in there was this bird with the fringey butt. I don't know what it was, but she was pretty.



I think this is a juvenile fringey butt bird. It had some pale champagne feathers instead of being pure white. I bet that goes away as it gets older.



I don't know what this thing is--it was just cool looking with this funny bill. I cannot imagine what it does with that thing. It looks like it could row a boat with it. His head is kind of ugly too. The picture turned out so well.

On the list of funny billed birds, these guys were in the pond near the flamingos, and not in the flight cage. Their wierd bill things were floppy, I have no idea what they are either.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a weekend. I wish I'd been with you.
Mom

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network