Sunday, April 27, 2008

The misshapen and the beautiful


Diablo gets a lot of attention, she always has. It somehow does not come across in photos like it does in person, but she really is drop dead gorgeous. I wish her mane was still as long as it used to be, but that is life in the pasture here.

She is also the size of an elephant. That does not stop her from terrorizing anyone who crosses her path. Good thing she does not pass that nasty pasture attitude to her babies, but she just does not. And also good that it does not translate to people in any way--if it did, I would have done away with her years ago.



I do not know how she walks without running her knees into her belly. She is normally pretty predictable about foaling right near 340 days, but this entire pregnancy has been different--she is hanging low instead of sticking out, and she has through the entire thing. It was so noticeable, that at one point, I thought she might have slipped the foal--no question about that now for sure. Every day further we get her, the more comfortable I will be, but I would not be totally shocked if any day, she popped one out.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the baby is huge causing her to sag.
These action shots are fantastic.
We had a great day. Thanks.
Do you think Gabi likes it here?
Love you,
Mom

Holly said...

oh man, huge. just huge. pretty, but huge.

MicBel QH said...

this little mare has a HUGE belly. it's looks like it could be dragging the ground. pretty girl!

Shannon said...

"She is also the size of an elephant. That does not stop her from terrorizing anyone who crosses her path."

Ah, yes. The same could be said for me these days. :)

Jodi said...

Oooh, I feel bloated just looking at her.

Elly'sMom said...

Dang Paige, she's as big as a house! I hope she pops when she's supposed to and stops terrorising the rest of the family. She's just "hormonal", yeah that's the ticket.... ;)

Paige said...

Lets see a pic of you Shannon--I bet you are one of those little girls who only gains in her belly and nowhere else. I bet you are cute!~

Shannon said...

I have to admit that I have allowed no photos to be taken of my bloated self. I received a picture or two that someone snapped and promptly destroyed them (after shedding quite a number of tears). I never imagined I would be so vain. In the mirror I did not look quite as horrendous as I do on film.

Paige said...

That is terrible Shannon--as soon as the baby is born, you wont care about that and will be sorry you did not have them.

Silly girl

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network