Friday, April 11, 2008

Hammer has been Marvinized!



Tuesday evening was baby trim nite--and I had four of them in the round pen. I fully intended to move them each to a stall to be trimmed, but since I was moving so slow, by the time I got back there to fetch one, Marvin had his equipment in the back barn and was ready to roll. I have learned not to ever think Marvin cannot do something, so I got out of his way and let him roll.

Anyone who has read for any amount of time knows that Hammer was a problem child. He was not worth shooting until the day before he was gelded--which was March 1, I think. Then he did an amazing turnaround. A week in the stall (not on purpose, but we had monsoons and could not get him moved until then) made him a little quirky again but he has been turned out since.

Now do not let it be said that I do not have complete faith I Marvin, but I have to admit, I did not see this coming. Since I was in and out, I do not know how long it took him to get started but it was not long before I saw Hammer with his foot up in the air, having his first trim (and yes, I know he should have been trimmed before this, but honestly, he did not need it until recently). Note the lead rope dropping at his feet and his alert content expression.

This Marvinization of my babies is one of the best things we have going for us here---without him, there is no way that we would get what we get out of them behaviorwise. It truly is amazing

Next time, I am bound and determined to get video of him teaching babies to side pass just by pointing at them--now THAT is freaky.

1 comments:

Holly said...

I hope we get to meet Marvin while we are there!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network