Sunday, March 23, 2008

Post-hole digger




s this a perfect post-hole or what? Now there are places I need some post holes dug. However, the middle of stall #1 is not one of them. I have a monster living in my barn and he is wreaking havoc. I assume it is a ground hog. I have heard of this hole for a while, but it is always filled when I am there. Today was the first time I saw it. He is a very good hole digger. He has to go

To this end, we got some live traps---Barry actually gave me the traps for my birthday. Is he romantic or what? We set one up this afternoon, near the hole, with cat food in it and covered by a foal blanket that Thor tore up. It was not long before we saw tis:




I was so excited when I saw eyes in there as I passed by during stall cleaning---but it was the damn cat. He was quietly sitting in there happy as he could be.


How many times do you think we will have to get him out of there?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, but that is some funny shit!! My mom used to have a Siberian Husky that would dig up & kill moles and groundhogs. Maybe you could put one of those mean dogs of yours to work on that....

Paige said...

The only way they would be worth a damn is if it ran between them on the couch and dinner.

It is kind of funny, until you find what I found this week--the worker filled it up. With hay. And thought that was ok. Can you imagine the damage that hole could do to a mare or foal? It is 18 inches deep probably and leads to a tunnel.



When she told BS what she filled it with, he told her to fill it with rock.


She did not do it

She is fired

Anonymous said...

Good Grief! What the heck was she thinking of? Hay in a hole!

Even I know better!

In a barn used by horses! AND people Yikes!

Our dog Girleepup takes care of our moles with alacrity. Course they are in the grass

Horse Student Carol

Anonymous said...

Good Grief! What the heck was she thinking of? Hay in a hole!

Even I know better!

In a barn used by horses! AND people Yikes!

Our dog Girleepup takes care of our moles with alacrity. Course they are in the grass

Horse Student Carol

Paige said...

I wish it were moles--we have mole issues at the house. Thor chases them when they are underground.

I hate to do it, but I think Iam going to have to poison the ol boy--if I can find something suitable to poison him with. I just cannot take a chance on more sinkholes---and they are notoriously hard to trap and mean about it when you do get them.

Anonymous said...

You always make me laugh. Only on your farm do these things happen. So did ya get the cat out?

sweetlillena said...

Too funny! Can I borrow that trap?? Perhaps we could catch the suspect in the slaying of Boss Poss!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network