Monday, February 18, 2008

A start

I want to do all my photos in individual posts--a post for each location, or each topic or something. Since there is no way to get myself that organized at this stage, I am going to post one pic tonite before I go to bed, as it is a one of a kind, and requires no editing (makes it pretty easy, eh?)

This is Casa Casuarina, the home of Gianni Versace where he was murdered by Andrew Cunanan a few years ago. You know I love me a serial killer, and leave it to me to accidentally happen on one in my impromptu travels. And even more odd is that this was just on the Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency the night before we left for vacation--so I recognized it right off when our cab driver put us out on Ocean Avenue in South Beach this morning.

The photo on the left shows the wall that surrounds the property, as it sits on a corner. I actually thought the wall and outbuildings were prettier than the house itself, but that is likely due to all the trees and landscaping.

Anyway, in the section we were in, this was one of the only (if not the only) private homes on Ocean Avenue set amongst the cafes, and condos, etc. There was actually a photo shoot happening on the motorcycle when we first got there. It was a cool way to start our bumbling walking tour this morning.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I like the wall with the landscaping better too!

Lazy A Ranch said...

What a grand house.

Robin Sallie said...

I have to admit I had to google Gianni Versace.

I love the photos and the wall.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network