Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Interrupting your regularly scheduled programming

of vacation talk with this development---the title work on the farm is being done as we speak so that we can close quickly. The interest rates are already going up, so we want it done ASAP. I am so excited. For the first time ever, I did not ruin the last day of vacation worrying about home (what do you make of that Jenna? I really did not this time). What that means is that today it hit me like a ton of bricks that there is a lot shaking around here in the near future and it is all sneaking up on me.

Also, we are in a dilemna--do we pay someone to haul off that crappy trailer at the farm, or do we strip it for copper, and other assorted scrap metal? It is so high right now, there might be a chunk of change in it. Convincing BS to do it is difficult at best though. I cannot WAIT to have that mess gone, and that space open to us. I have not told BS this yet, but my thought is as an incentive to have it hauled away, I will build him a parking lot there. He really wants a parking lot. Maybe I can convince him to strip the trailer for copper in exchange for parking lot building money?

4 comments:

Holly said...

seems a fair exchange to me. That way your customers have a nice place, out of the way, to put their vehicles!

Paige said...

It would be nice, that is for sure. It would give us a place to park the trailer out of the way, as well. As it is now, we park it next to the front barn, but it wouldbe nice to have that space back. It would also make it way easier for other people to turn their rigs around without having to back next to our trailer next to the barn, which can be a tight but if you have a really big rig

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pain in the butt to me! Is copper worth all that much? Might be able to get him to do it easier if he had some help, too. I will offer my daddy again :-)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a good swap. When your dad told me what copper is going for, I said I'd strip it.
The parking lot will be handy for my friends when you build my house.
Great to have you home safe and sound; and, of course, I'm happy that you and Barry had such of good time.
Love you both too much,
Mom

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network