Thursday, February 7, 2008

I hate that it has come to this

I have had to call the Death Squad. It makes me sick to do it, but there are three coyotes in the baby pasture. If they were just there, I would not care, but they are chasing babies. In broad daylight, the opportunistic bastards.

Hopefullly they will be dispatched as easily as possible and not make a return. This is obviously not my coyote, ours are usually not this healthy looking. It is mating season, so I have heard them loud every night, but regardless of their rationale, they are not going to chase my babies.

This sucks

7 comments:

Holly said...

it does suck, but you have to do what you have to do. I will say though, I'm glad that you think it sucks and are not cold hearted about it. Taking a life (even when necessary) is still taking a life.

Paige said...

I feel bad for them even though they are nasty mangy things, they are still living creatures. I do not however, feel bad enough to let them run a baby through a fence, or otherwise hurt one.

So they have to go, I just hope Hutch gets there at a time reasonable enough to catch them.

Lazy A Ranch said...

How is he going to catch them? Remember last summer when I was confronted on the tractor by a coyote? I would of shot it, if it comes out of the woods and has the nerve to confront me it will be dead. A friendly coyote is a dangerous coyote.

Paige said...

Well he wont catch it so to speak---just get there while they are still out in public.

We have them all the time, but to have them be so blatant in the broad daylight is out of character for mine--

Hopefully Hutch has his good shooting goggles on today!

Anonymous said...

That's really scary. Hutch better get those evil varmints taken care of. Where are those no-good donkeys?
Mandy said to tell you that Jeff Bradley is a classmate of hers.
Love you,
Mom

Shell said...

The Mustang mare my neighbor loaned me to keep my horse company would chase the coyotes and kill them. I have seen her in action and it's very scary. Wanna borrow her? :)

Robin Sallie said...

You have to protect the babies! They are your responsibility.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network