Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Getting it back together

Ok, enough self-indulgence that I have been blaming on vacation recovery. I am back on the self-improvement wagon as of today. I tried to be on it yesterday but I had a horrible day, a horrible headache and then I ate everything in the house thinking it would make me feel better ( I am nothing if not self aware), but all it did was make me sick. So it is a new day.


First, order of business is that I am going to water aerobics after work. I could not find my regular suit so I had to grab one I have never worn, and it has a scoop back. This means it will fall off my shoulders and my boobs will get out. I grabbed a tank to wear over it, but this is not a long term solution.

Second order of business is that I will have to get my hair dry and then go ride Slygirl. We had the most successful ride ever for us last nite--we stayed home and worked in the small round pen, and I think that is what we need to do this week. We will step it up to the sorting pens which are larger, this weekend. She is being SO GOOD. She has the sweetest personality, I really enjoy it. That and how correct she is in most of her maneuvers, I feel like I am learning more than she is--it is fun. Most of my photos from Saturday turned out crappy because I used the wrong setting on the camera, but I like this one and Ash taking Slygirl back in the barn.
I have a few other things to knock out this week--a meeting at SIU Thursday afternoon, pickup of Square Baby to go to Houston but I already have her all in order for that, then Rock and Squeak are finally getting their eyeball injections.
The big news is that Radar is coming back! I am thrilled--First he was too short, then he pulled his hay out of his hay feeder and evidently this is unacceptable to the new owners. Well maybe not unacceptable but they did not like it. Good for me, I love him and he can put his hay where ever he wants to at my house. I offered to take him back, as the only way I could be content was knowing he was in a great place that really wanted him--if he is not, I want him back here where he is really wanted. We are going to have a great spring. The best part was that it was Barry's idea to bring him home--and he was the one that pushed the sell sell sell mentality so hard int eh first place. I think he knew how miserable I was to find out the new owners were not over the moon about him.
The other big news of the week is that this weekend is Road to the Horse is this weekend, I am going with Jackie. We went last year and had lots of fun, so I am sure we will this time too.
Let's hope I can get through this week in a more successful fashion that it started out

5 comments:

Holly said...

Make sure that you take your camera and get lots of cool pix at RTTH this weekend.

Glad the R man is coming home, those folks do not deserve such a nice boy.

Anonymous said...

Ash looks like a teenager. She also looks very comfortable in the saddle.
Mom

Paige said...

She is very comfy in the saddle and getting really confident to ride any horse you put her to--takes after her mama I guess.

She amazes me every time we go camping how she can so easily switch from riding English where they hold them so tight, to riding my horses that have to have a really loose rein to keep them from being cranky. Not many people can do that. You should see her running Twist through the trails, jumping things and laughing---I do not know who has more fun, her or him. He sure does not act like that with anyone else--she does not even need spurs on him, he just loves to tote her around

Anonymous said...

Gosh, sorry about Radar's experience with his new "parents" but SO GLAD you brought him back.

The word animal means a living thing that can feel and move voluntarily according to the dictionary. That definition does not inlcude the "human aspect" of one's animal friends and I bet Radar is close to being human.

Give him plenty of hay to toss around, spoil him just enough.

Enjoy Carol

Kaycie said...

I so can not believe that about Radar. People are so stupid! Glad you are able to take him back. My sister is sick about the fact that she was not able to buy back a mare that she sold and they guy just bitched about her. Sister still has the papers because they came back, undeliverable address. They guy never called her on that either. So glad Radar will be safe and loved. I want a ridable horse.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network