Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Add this to the list-CITIBANK SUCKS

When I get home tonight, I will be cancelling all of my CITIBANK credit cards.
I ordered some money from them, at a low balance transfer rate, to pay for the stallion service auctions I won, thereby leaving my vacation stash money alone. I ordered the money on January 22, it was guaranteed to be in my hands by the end of the month. This was after I went through the whole process to have it just put in my checking account, as I usually do, only to have them say they could not do that. That is why they were to send me a check.

It still has not come. My deadline to pay for my breedings was up, so I had to get money from elsewhere (which by the way, also cost me money).

Late last week, I got a letter saying that Citibank had mailed the check. I still had not gotten, and still have not to this day. So I called them to ask what the problem was, have them correct it in some way. They confirmed they mailed it on January 22 and it is not their problem that it is not there. They will not replace the check, put it in my account or anything useful for me, at least not in a timely manner. It will be another ten days at least, as they have to stop payment on the first check, which takes two days and only then can they send me more, and again, they will not put it in my bank account so that I can use it on this trip.

Now, I am of course free to take a regualr ATM advance off my card at an interest rate of 20.99% The original offer than I used was 0.% financing which is why I did it in the first place--it would free up vacation money, as well as pay for the breedings.

Here is what I say: CITIBANK STICK IT UP YOUR ASS

5 comments:

Holly said...

yes indeedy, I also have a Citibank account that I will be cancelling soon....like Friday for the same type of reasons. They don't have good customer service.

Robin Sallie said...

Citibank did about the same thing to me last year. They sent me running back to a local credit union.

Lazy A Ranch said...

I use CHASE and have never had any issues. Capital One is the better of the two though and my preference.

Holly said...

I also have a Capitol One that is fair to deal with.

Apparently Citibank is the booger for everyone!

Paige said...

I have Chase who has been all right, and Bank of America- used to be MBNA- that is really good too.

So plenty of competition in my wallet--one that no longer includes Citibank, the SOBs

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network