Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Unique sleeping positions

Yep, still grasping at straws here--but Simba was in her classic "I mean it, I am ready for bed" position on the couch. Of course, she shifted by the time I got up and got the camera, but she was still cute. Normally she would be more on her back, and her body curled around so that her nose would almost touch her back knee. Look how cute her ears are all flipped around.


There is nothing particularly noteworthy about Slater's position, except that he is the biggest dog in the house at 170 pounds, but notice that he gets one couch cushion to lay on. I am actually surprised he is on the couch at all, as usually he sits in the recliner or goes to bed early. Plus, for some reason, Thor does not like Slater to be on the couch, even if he is not, and will wander around the house moaning like he is in childbirth over it until he irritates Slater into getting up or me into making him get up so Thor will shut up.




For some reason tonight, Thor was not complaining. Instead he just got out the pig's blanket and slept in the floor. It was pretty pathetic. He is getting bony again, I have no idea why. To cheer him up last nite, I tried to sleep with him in the guest room, and he tried so hard to be good--he did not waller on me, he slept on his side of the bed, and did not run or kick. Unfortunately he kept me up until 3:30 in the morning watching reality TV reruns! And then I got hot and had to leave anyway--he sure was happy to have me to himself, but I wish I knew why he is so down.
This is pretty much Tequila's permanent position---resting in the bed--she is usually perched up on the down comforter but evidently today she not only did not want that, she wanted the fitted sheet off. Whatever makes her happy. Thor won't like it though when I put him to bed with her, he definitely does noit like things to be in a disarray. Notice how only one eye is glowing? That is because the other eye is uncerated and she is blind in it--her bad eye matches her bad ear that Simba took a chunk out of. That this sweet baby can maintain her great attitude (with the exception of the delivery person problem) after everything she has been through is amazing. When I got home tonight, she and the pig were playing chase in the dark in the front yard, and for once, she was the chasee not the chaser.

If I mess around 21 more minutes before posting this, it could count as the post for tomorrow, but after the late nite last nite, I do not have it in me!

10 comments:

*Sarah* said...

Ah they're so cute!!!! "Like he's in child birth" hahah :)

Anonymous said...

my dog bailey sleeps in the weirdest posions

Lorna said...

They are so cute - Hope Thor perks up weight-wise for you - They all have such distinct personalities that you can see in their look and eyes!

Holly said...

I think I like Tequila the best but that could be because she gets picked on the most and because she came as a rescue which always tugs at me.

Paige said...

Well this will throw a monkey wrench into it for you--they are ALL rescues, except Slater.

simba came from a crack house in Mississippi where she was a guard dog for people who finally went to prison

Thor was neglected and tied to a tree in Indiana until he was more than 2

Slater is the only one we bought, and that only happened because our first one died, and I knew if I did not get another one in my house soon, I would too.

they all have redeeming features, every one of them, but they are very different

Anonymous said...

I guess everybody should have 4 great danes, huh?
Mom

Paige said...

The world would probably be a better place for it, yes

Holly said...

you are right, that did throw me for a loop.

However, Teq is still my fave, maybe because I know her better.

and rescues are the best, if you don't get the baggage that comes with some.

Elly'sMom said...

When I die, I want to come back as one of your dogs. Boy do they have the life!

Anonymous said...

The pig chasing Tequila is what you need to get a picture of! That had to be funny. I agree with Holly that rescues are the best dogs usually but for some reason the Slater Gator is my fav dog of yours.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network