Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ringing in her 25th year


At almost the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve, Barry and I were at the farm changing blankets on Grandpa and Lucky----it was getting too cold for the ones they were wearing. We sure know how to live it up! Isnt it wierd how dusky they get under those blankets, especially in their flanks?

Since I had her stripped off, I took a picture of her. She is not looking too bad for an old broad of 25, is she? I am content with her body condition right now, and that makes me feel good. Sure, she could have a little more weight on her, but she could (and has had on occasion) have a little less, as well.

This is pretty good for this time of year. Good green grass really pretties her up, but that is not to be had in January. If we can keep her in this shape through the winter, she should really bloom when the grass pops up again

1 comments:

Holly said...

gotta love the oldies, doncha?

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network