Friday, January 18, 2008

PARTY TIME!!!


Big doings this morning--the State finally gave up the 1000 bucks they have owed me for a while--both reimbursement checks came in today. That sure comes in handy!
But the big news is this--we owe a huge balloon payment on the farm to be paid May 1. I have dreaded this situation for years, for fear something would happen and we would not be able to exercise the option to buy the farm that was structured into our original agreement. It was not a particularly reasonable concern, but I am superstitious, so it was real to me.
I met with the bank lady yesterday and we are APPROVED! The best news is that I can cut the term of the loan in more than half, and still pay less per year than I am paying now, because the interest rates are so much lower now. The first annual payment will not be until May 2009, and if things go according to plan, I may be able to pay the thing off in three years. That it has doubled in value since we bought it is just icing on the cake.
This calls for a celebration! We are having dinner with Headleys tonight, and Linda's birthday is this weekend, so we will toast this exciting news with them.
WOO HOO!

9 comments:

Lorna said...

Congratulations - should great financial news and what a smart investment to have its worth increase so dramatically!

Yippe - have a glass for me as well!

Holly said...

what a sweet sweet feeling that must be.

Enjoy your dinner!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's great news! Cheers!

Shannon said...

That's fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is great news. Think you can share some of that financial good luck with me? :-) Have fun celebrating!

Jodi said...

I'll toast to all of that!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great news! I was with the sisters for awhile this afternoon. Sue and others commented on how great you look. She thought you must've lost several pounds; she said 50, but I thought that was a little over the top. I agree that you look great, but my opinion isn't usually worth much. Anyway, Congrats on all your good news as well.
Love you,
Mom

Elly'sMom said...

Congrats Paige! It's always good when things come together. I hope you had a good time at dinner!

Carrie said...

YEEHAW!!!

Congrats on all fronts Paige and Barry.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network