Sunday, January 6, 2008

Days of Snap's Life


This horse is a saint, that is all there is to it. She has been under house arrest since scraping up her leg, with very little limited turnout in the round pen. She has not complained, been ugly, or even had a bad day since it all started.

Today was 65 degrees, so I stripped her blankets and left her wrap off, and turned her loose to entertain herself between the barns, etc.

Rather than run and play like I anticipated she would do, she followed Madison around like a puppy. She was so cute.
She had about 5 hours with no wraps on her leg, and she did not even take advantage of it. The wound is really improving--now instead of there being two individual wounds that ran together into one big one, they are again two distinct areas again. New healthy skin has separated them into two smaller wounds, and they look great.
I could not bear to make her stay in her stall when this weather is so crazy--so instead of putting on her polo wraps again, I did her up with padding and some vet wrap and chucked her out in the middle pasture. Oh the squealing I got to hear!

Let's hope she comes back in unscathed tomorrow. I have high hopes for her being able to be out full time now with it progressing so well---I hope to never wash another load of quilted wraps or polos ever again!

1 comments:

Holly said...

that is SUCH an interesting photo. I don't even know her but the sweetness (at least for Madison) shines through.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network