Wednesday, October 17, 2012

One of our favorite places


Grant's Farm--one of my favorite places in the world since I was a little kid. I know St Louis people know all about it, but I do not know if this is a local secret or if the rest of the world knows about it too.


      This is near the entrance, after you get on a train sort of thing that leads to a drive-thru park




It was such a pretty day, most of the babies were napping.





I do not know what this is, but I kinda like the expression on its face.





One of the many swell things about Grants Farm is feeding the goats.  Why that is fun, I have no idea because they are rude and obnoxious and get you all filthy by jumping on you.  But it is fun and its one of my favorite things to do.


                                         See here--this is how these damn goats act sometimes

They sure are funny to watch though


They also have a lot of birds and stuff.  I am not a fan of the bird in general, but they do make for good pictures.



 Especially this dude.  I love taking pictures of eagles because they have the greatest expressions.

I have pictures of the very best part of Grants Farm, but it will take a lot of editing to get through them all, so they will get their own post soon.  If you have not been to Grants Farm, you should definitely go.  Not only do they give you free beer at the end, it is free to get into! Except for parking of course

3 comments:

Christine said...

The place looks gorgeous! Love the photos, especially of the snoozing young calf :)

Anonymous said...

Great! and very

enjoyable ---C

Shelley said...

Eagles are such majestic creatures. I have never heard of Grants farm. Maybe I'll get to go there if I ever get on a normal work schedule.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network