Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hammer's new digs




Doesn't this look peaceful?







Hammer the Man is getting put back into the rotation, but his teeth are bugging him so he had them done Monday morning. That led to the vet deciding he has hoof issues--I do not totally agree, but when I disagree with this vet, I usually get my comeuppance. So he has been put on a supplement that he has to take daily. Because we have reconfigured so much around here and we are smack in the middle of breeding season so have all the pens chock full of mares I need to keep handy, Hammer got put in a prime location to keep him available, yet not stalled--which both he and I hate.



He frustrates me sometimes, but I really like this horse. I love how he looks, I love his temperament, and that he learns so fast, and wants to please. Its easy to forget that he is young and has had such minimal experience. I am looking at this forced separation from the crowd as an indication I need to be riding him a few times a week so we can use him all the time.



Lets see how this deal works out.

0 comments:

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network