Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gabi Chronicles

Since I cannot seem to stay on top of things here, I will randomly stick in funny things Mandy tells me about Gabi and Crews. Last week, they moved to Qatar in the Middle East to join Edward, who is still working for Exxon. Since Qatar is an Arab country, it is very conservative, so you can imagine how this family will do there--it could get dicey.


In any event, this is one of the first stories Mandy sent, and it came today:

The other day we went to a local supermarket. Gabi was sitting in the seat of her cart and a man and woman in traditional dress (men wear white thobes, women usually wear black hijab and abaya) walked by. Many locals wear these and there were several people walking around her wearing the same thing. I don't know if it was because they passed pretty closely by her or what. But they were about 5 feet away and she whispered reverently to me, "Mommy, I just saw a ghost. A ghost. I just saw a ghost."
Needless to say, I almost pissed myself

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was a guy eons ago---who had a TV program which was entitled:

Kids say the darndest things?

History repeats and hope this concept never changes.

Glad to 'read' you.
Hope the storms of last night did not reach you. So- so down here ---but OK.

Enjoy Carol

Holly said...

*bursts out laughing*

this child is a GEM! Her mama needs to write a book. Or at least and advice column.....Gabi says or something.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network