Thursday, April 21, 2011

An overlooked but nice thing








In the ultimate indicator that life goes on, even when we think it cannot, Cash had a baby girl last Wednesday nite. No signs of course, and one of the few nights I was not on patrol doing all the other crazy stuff the last few weeks have required, Cash plopped her out in the front pasture with her lady friends all around.

I did my morning check by driving by and when I saw the gaggle of hosses standing in the corner of the opposite pasture, just staring, I knew what must have happened. Sure enough, there she was!

She is a pretty little girl, isn't she? Way flashier than I expected, since both of her parents are lacking in chrome--but she sure is not.

If I were finding much pleasure in anything right now, I am sure I would be thrilled with her. I did enjoy taking pics of her turnout in the front yard tonight. We have been suffering through horrid storms off and on since her birth, and tonight is the only clear spot in the forecast, so she had some play time around 7 pm. I don't want her out in the nasty mud, so she did her playing in the front yard.

I have no idea what to call her, but I am hoping for a call name that has something to do with money, since both parents have the word Cash in their names. And no, Penny is not it. I just do not know what it IS, yet.

There are more pics on our Farm Page on Facebook

13 comments:

Reddunappy said...

She is a beautiful baby!!! I hope she gives you some joy in your hurting!! Hang in there!!

duffylou said...

She is gorgeous! Hopefully you'll soon be able to see how precious she is.

Anonymous said...

What a great gift! Her beauty---no problems in her birthing----and
simply 'ready to go' !

There are still good things 'out there'

Enjoy Carol

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! She is marked up beautifully!

JT

Fantastyk Voyager said...

She sure is pretty. Why not Penny since she's copper colored?

Carrie said...

What a stunning baby. We are all trying to come up with some "money based" names and will send them to you as they come to us.

Hope you have a good Easter weekend.

Anonymous said...

Pagie she is beautiful. I just love her face. Horses give us the best hugs when we need them the most. Take care!

Lorna said...

How about Dinero? Moolah? Loot? Sawbuck, Quan (coin- as Cuba said in Jerry Maguire?)

hooves said...

If you are wanting registered names, I came up with some while trying to sleep last night. Play Money; Cash or Credit, Play inside Cash. I like Dinero, but also came up with lucre(I think that is the selling-pronounced Luker and has to do with cash. hooves

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

She is a beauty. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her chrome!!!

Karen said...

She's a pretty girl! Congrats! Hoping every day is better than the one before.

hooves said...

Bullion,Sterling, or Copper. hooves

Venom said...

Copper is also slang for penny, gets my vote.

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network