Monday, March 21, 2011

Midway through a miracle

Some how, some way, something crazy is happening. After a bit of a crazy overnight, baby boy has come on like gangbusters.


He had a rough night last nite, during which he was described as being "not worth a shit". He was losing ground, I guess. After that, he got busy and pulled his own stomach tube out in the middle of the night. No one knows how. Then again, no one knows how he has done anything he has done so far. This one is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for everyone involved. Or we hope so, at the very least!

When we went to visit him about 3:30 this afternoon, the first thing I noticed was that there was normal activity on the farm. That tipped me off that something was going on. The something was NOTHING! There was no drama, no shenanigans, no problems--allowing Judy and Dempsey to get back to their other responsibilities. I held my breath as I asked how he was doing. The smile on Judy's face pretty much answered it immediately.

He had been up and down all day, and had figured out that he gets more food from mama than from his own knees, which is where he had been concentrating his attention. He was way more mobile than he had been yesterday.

This little sucker may pull this off after all.

It is amazing to see a miracle unfold right in front of you like this. I would not have missed it for the world

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your picture of this guy is worth a thousand words.

Compare the other day to this one.

A Miracle for sure.

Carol

Jackie said...

I want to reach out & touch his fuzzy nose. I just have a good feeling about this little guy, have since you told me about him.

Reddunappy said...

So glad the little mite has decided to give life a go!!!

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network